Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

server setting info. Small but talks about ranked vs unranked ect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

server setting info. Small but talks about ranked vs unranked ect.

http://www.twitch.tv/battlefield/b/449123962

information starts at 41 minutes

I like how they have Russians vs Chinese... In the older games, it was always US vs everyone else. Not sure If I like map only weapons that you can't keep =/

Comment

I don't mind those. I tend to die anyways and really how long will I end up holding it.

You should be able to set the server to be any faction on each side.

Did you see all the different knives. Phantom and mini are going to take along time to get all the achievements for each knife.

Comment

A lot of things can change until October comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
          A lot of things can change until October comes along.
          Not sure exactly what that means.
          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
            Not sure exactly what that means.
            Just that I'm not sure I'll be playing this game.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
              Just that I'm not sure I'll be playing this game.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                I will quote Phantom with his own words about now playing. "A lot of things can change until October comes along. "

Comment

Life has a way of changing our priorities.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                    I will quote Phantom with his own words about now playing. "A lot of things can change until October comes along. "
                    Except that Phantom has a pretty good point with the COD-ification of the BF series. I'm very, very disappointed with that video showing all those guns and accessories. Why the hell would anyone need that level of customization in a Battlefield game?

Why, back in my day, all I needed was a repair tool, a couple of mines, a couple of nades, a pistol, and a Jackhammer auto-shotty. I didn't need no fancy gun sights or muzzle configurations. Camo? Hah! Who needs 200 variations?

I want to play Battlefield when I'm playing a Battlefield game, not Call of Duty or ACOG Special Forces Dress Up Simulator 2013. You know the best BF games? BF2 and BF 1942. The worst? BF3. I'm a bit worried about what 4 will be like since they're taking some of the more annoying parts of BF3 and running down the COD road with them at full tilt.

Give me BF2 with updated graphics, integrated BF2 SF content like ATVs, Zip Lines, and Grapples, 6-man squads, fixed VOIP with squad and commander level channels, no cartillery, new maps, and ships and I'd be ecstatic. That would be pretty much the perfect BF game.

-Rand
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                      Except that Phantom has a pretty good point with the COD-ification of the BF series. I'm very, very disappointed with that video showing all those guns and accessories. Why the hell would anyone need that level of customization in a Battlefield game?

Why, back in my day, all I needed was a repair tool, a couple of mines, a couple of nades, a pistol, and a Jackhammer auto-shotty. I didn't need no fancy gun sights or muzzle configurations. Camo? Hah! Who needs 200 variations?

I want to play Battlefield when I'm playing a Battlefield game, not Call of Duty or ACOG Special Forces Dress Up Simulator 2013. You know the best BF games? BF2 and BF 1942. The worst? BF3. I'm a bit worried about what 4 will be like since they're taking some of the more annoying parts of BF3 and running down the COD road with them at full tilt.

Give me BF2 with updated graphics, integrated BF2 SF content like ATVs, Zip Lines, and Grapples, 6-man squads, fixed VOIP with squad and commander level channels, no cartillery, new maps, and ships and I'd be ecstatic. That would be pretty much the perfect BF game.

-Rand
                      Hopefully there will be no cartillery glitches... who knows.
                      We have new maps, Commander , and well the voip we will have to see it working. Supposedly it will work.

Personally I don't care for achievements or ranks other then to unlock a weapon. Others run and look at it as very important. As well some people like to dress up the avatar in some camo or what ever. If it brings more players to the game why not.
                      Find the loadout that you like and just play that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post

-Rand
                        This.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

For me personally, I like adding scopes and suppressors to my guns, but I don't need the massive number of configurations. I definitely don't care about camo.

I just hope VOIP works...
                          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
                            I just hope VOIP works...
                            So... we all want the only new feature they aren't bragging about? I'm not worried.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                              Hopefully there will be no cartillery glitches... who knows.
                              We have new maps, Commander , and well the voip we will have to see it working. Supposedly it will work.

Personally I don't care for achievements or ranks other then to unlock a weapon. Others run and look at it as very important. As well some people like to dress up the avatar in some camo or what ever. If it brings more players to the game why not.
                              Find the loadout that you like and just play that.
                              Unfortunately, we need people to be able to play against... I played BF2 competitively, and long into BC2 coming out... I only moved to BC2 once I ran out of people to play on BF2. It is not just the game itself, they need to keep the community alive. It's kind of like if you admin a server poorly, no one will play there. You need to keep people coming back, and if that means all the customizations they have been adding with BF3 and BF4, I don't really care, as long as it keeps servers populated so I have people to kill.

I am still going to use the class I need for the situation at hand, and for weapons, I am going to pick the weapon that has the best balance of rate of fire versus bullet velocity, as long as the recoil or damage dropoff at range are not extensive. From there on it is pure gameplay skill, it has nothing to do with gadgets.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X