Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF2 - Possibly back here again ??

Trinity contacted me.

Long story short, it cost us $250/month before for a 64 player BF2 Ranked server.

Now Trinity will let me have one for a little less than $150/month.

What are our odds of being able to consistently raise donations monthly to pay for it ??

That is a good question. I know that Minfootball and I would contribute and start playing again if you got a server.

Comment

I've been toying with the idea of reinstalling BF2, but mostly to play Project Reality v0.7. COD4 is fun and all, but with the high level of spam, and very small maps, it tends to get old pretty fast.

Of course, if there were a Cain's Lair BF2 server, I'd have to of course hit that up "on occasion"

Other than that potential $150 for a server, what other server expenses are you running Cain? $150, while much cheaper than before, still isn't cheap. I'd help out, but I think it'll be pretty hard to drum up 6-10 donation a month just for a BF2 server. Maybe there is enough support out there though

Comment

I wanted a BF2 server, but now I am liking COD4 more. I would not be opposed to a BF2 server though...
        We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

i think it would be great if we got the community into the FH/FH2 mod

Comment

Comment

I have yet to see a game that encouraged team work like BF2 did, which was great for building the Cain's Lair community. (All KINDS of great people joined here because of it... ) If there was a Cain's Server, I would probably find myself on it.

As for fund raising on a consistent basis, that isn't a huge amount... it would be interesting to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by imlittlev
                Well, if I'm not mistaken, Cain could run that server on one of his boxes without having to pay the obscene rental fees. That said, don't know what the population numbers are for FH2, and whether or not it would even be worth it....Few BF2 mods have fared very well outside of Project Reality.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
                  Originally posted by imlittlev
                  Well, if I'm not mistaken, Cain could run that server on one of his boxes without having to pay the obscene rental fees. That said, don't know what the population numbers are for FH2, and whether or not it would even be worth it....Few BF2 mods have fared very well outside of Project Reality.
                  have you ever played FH1?

by the way, FH2 isnt JUST african theatre, they will be expanding to europe and/or pacific. FH1 .7 finished about 2.1 gigs of download total. and was totally worth it , with the african, east and west europe, pacific, and other misc battles.

Comment

I guess the more I think about it, the more i would rather put money towards another 2142 server than BF2.

Comment

we raise a mass donation...but a ton of lottery tickets
                      and win like 500 million dollars...that should fund plenty of servers :P

Comment

If you don't mind asking, what are we currently paying to use a COD4 server, TF2 server, and now a World of Warcraft Server? We wouldn't want to run short on donations again.
                        We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

i'll play if you put it in Cain, with all the patches of COD4 every time making my ping worst, i'll go for bf2

Comment

Originally posted by KyleRiley
                            If you don't mind asking, what are we currently paying to use a COD4 server, TF2 server, and now a World of Warcraft Server? We wouldn't want to run short on donations again.
                            $0.00

Comment

Hey, I would be up for $25 a month while it lasted for the pleasure of playing with some of the old crew again. I am tired of getting banned for killing the admin or taking his personal jet
                              Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X