Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeeeess!!!!!!!!

VOIP works!!!!

I played here this morning, very nice crowd...

BF4 BETA Conquest Large Atlanta #07 - NFOServers.com

bf407.PNG

damnit I haven't had time to report on it.
    Yes it works and works very well. My load times were really really good. I kinda was shocked how much faster I seemed to be then most people in the server to get going at the start of the map.

Frog, myself and a couple of others were running a squad pretty well.

Personally I found very little glitches or banding. I think 3 times in an hour.
    I could not bind the Voip button to my mouse though could change my keyboard.
    Voip is left alt button
    Diving is Z when swimming. You have to hit Z again to raise to the surface and will take damage if you stay under too long.
    The water handling is almost toooo good.
    In the heli's it seemed to be harder to see out of the cockpit or else I just not used to it again. Orientation was hard. Then again the map was still new.

The squad leader setting points was pretty easy and I think easier then BF3.
    You could very very easily get those squad perks as well and lose them once your squad wipes. While they must be doing something I couldn't tell myself.

One annoyance was the ammo box will only resupply the RPG's. So starting off unless you are running support for a while you will not have the box, just a bag that resupplies bullets.

Comment

Initial impressions.

Voip works, but now you have to deal with open mics. I'll live with it.
      You need to crank your mouse sensitivity up. I'm using raw input at around 2000 dpi and still had to up it to around 45% sensitivity.
      Laggy, not as smooth as BF3 (its a beta i know)

Also, transport choppers are not 1 hit kills with an RPG. I nailed one earlier and it was only about a 50% mobility. (Bullcrap!)

Fun!
      Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

I don't have a problem with 2 hit heli's the ground vehicles take like 4 hits. Then again this is also Vanilla.
        When you start to get disabled in a heli it does become very hard to steer.

On the voip someone must have hit it to open. Mine was a push button.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
          I don't have a problem with 2 hit heli's the ground vehicles take like 4 hits. Then again this is also Vanilla.
          When you start to get disabled in a heli it does become very hard to steer.

On the voip someone must have hit it to open. Mine was a push button.
          Could have been someone using the same keybind or something. Mine is set to mouse 5.

Even vanilla bf3 it was one hit kills.
          I also just hit a transport chopper with a tank shell, about a 60% mobility kill but thats it.

Stuttering went away when i jacked up my FOV to 120, but then youre playing through a fisheye lens.

Comment

Bacon there are video drivers released for the beta. Maybe you need them?
            I didn't want to download them until I knew i needed it.

Comment

My screen was jerky and my FPS looked to be terrible.

I guess I need to build my new PC, eh??

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                Bacon there are video drivers released for the beta. Maybe you need them?
                I didn't want to download them until I knew i needed it.
                No dice with the beta drivers fooler. Forums are telling me to downgrade to 320.49 and no stuttering there. Might give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                  lol! Yesterday might be soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                    My screen was jerky and my FPS looked to be terrible.

Try one of the beta drivers Cain.... where is our count down clock for bf4 server.
                    We need Sirex to change the header for the forums.

Comment

Getting driver 320.49 is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL. It's the only way to make the game playable. New drivers don't work yet. When you get 320.49 the graphics look good and it's much smoother, but not yet smooth.

They nerfed tanks significantly. Limited to 5 shells and you have to wait forever for reloads. Most tankers will run through those 5 killing another tank and be vulnerable for awhile. The guided missile seems weaker but I just got it so more testing. Splash damage is absolutely non-existent, so it's hard as hell to take down infantry with shells. I did get a shell headshot though, and confirmed tank shells WILL give you a headshot bonus.

Still playing around but I have to go to work soon so more over the next week.

-Rand
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                        Getting driver 320.49 is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL. It's the only way to make the game playable. New drivers don't work yet. When you get 320.49 the graphics look good and it's much smoother, but not yet smooth.

They nerfed tanks significantly. Limited to 5 shells and you have to wait forever for reloads. Most tankers will run through those 5 killing another tank and be vulnerable for awhile. The guided missile seems weaker but I just got it so more testing. Splash damage is absolutely non-existent, so it's hard as hell to take down infantry with shells. I did get a shell headshot though, and confirmed tank shells WILL give you a headshot bonus.

Still playing around but I have to go to work soon so more over the next week.

-Rand
                        I agree the splash damage rand... and damn I only have one upgrade on my tank... did you get the thermal camo as your first upgrade?
                        I am switching to machine guns when going after infantry. Switching the type of gun is faster then I remember in bf3.
                        Tanks to me are taking a lot more hits then they were before. At least from the RPG.

Comment

I've got three tank unlocks and I'm close to the fourth (which is a battle star, which is lame). Yes, thermal was the first upgrade, guided shells are second. All I'm doing at the moment is learning tank physics and durability/weak points. I'll know everything there is to know about BF4 tanks in another 1-3 hours, then I'll move on to other things. Since there will be a stat reset I'm not worried about armor all that much now other than learning how the BF4 devs treat them.

Confirmed C4 takes them down quickly again, as I was a victim.

What concerns me about any vehicle is the commander Gunship asset. I found out a little about that last night. I think that thing is going to single-handedly decide maps, and now I'm ticked they aren't testing commander in the beta because I think it's going to go into the Gold release severely overpowered. They need input from the public on the AC-130.

If the guided shell has been nerfed as much as I fear and if splash remains a complete non-factor I'll probably go with coax too. Which would be unfortunate--they shouldn't lock us into the same configs, and I wouldn't be on the same as most people if I'm not forced into it. I keep hitting within 3 feet of infantry and they don't die--that's not right.

-Rand

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Oh-another tank lesson: they don't fit into Metro/Subway stairwells--they get stuck on the first landing.

-Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                              Oh-another tank lesson: they don't fit into Metro/Subway stairwells--they get stuck on the first landing.

-Rand
                              LOL... you can also cap on top of that flag area with a tank.. They will have to nerf that IMO.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X