Rand's Beta Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rand's Beta Feedback

There doesn't appear to be a good way of getting feedback right to the devs at the moment. I created the following as a general beta vehicle feedback thread (a starter, hoping to get others to comment). A few people chimed in and I just bumped the thread in the general discussion forum--by the way, did you know there are TWO general discussion forums for this game for some reason on battlelog forums?

I'm going to repost it here for two reasons. a) I'd like to know what YOUR constructive feedback would be with this game if you could communicate directly to the devs, and b) if you wouldn't mind and you're in the Battlelog forum neighborhood, helping bump the thread and adding your own feedback on vehicles would be appreciated; hopefully DICE is looking. The right thread will be the one that has some other input from other users right now; just search the forum for RandCLR and the only 3 threads I posted in will show up right away.

I went through the first batch of pages and didn't see much on vehicle-specific feedback, so I'm hoping we can get a thread going for the devs. I'm going to offer some specific comments in the hopes they'll be addressed in the beta period prior to Gold release. I'll start off with tanks: that's what I know, that's what I like.

While I can understand the urge to nerf armor, BF4 takes it too far.

Tank vs. tank combat is almost impossible without a 2 to 1 advantage. Tanks are more robust than prior games, which means shell damage is less by comparison, but the baffling design decision to limit shell capacity to 5 is beyond my comprehension. This was a very bad move to address a problem that doesn't really exist. Very few tankers ever got to the point in say, BF3 or BC2, where they went through even half their shells, so this looks like a serious over compensation.

With the reduction in shells and increase in durability it's extremely difficult to kill another tank before your shells run out if you encounter them on a front or front flank situation. Even rear flank shots are only doing about 30 damage. If the tanker has any kind of repair support whatsoever you're going to run out of shells in a 1 on 1 engagement.

On the shells themselves, they've been ridiculously nerfed--there is almost zero splash damage. I'm not asking the world for splash damage, but I think shots that hit within 2-3 feet of an enemy should damn sure kill them. That isn't happening in the beta. Infantry have to be hit dead center with a shell to kill them. This is vastly different from any other Battlefield game, and the splash radius/damage needs to be increased. If there is no tweak here DICE shouldn't have bothered with armor unlocks because every tanker is going to be forced to go with the default coax just to have some anti-infantry ability until they unlock canister, and then most would take coax anyway for versatility and range.

The repair tool is fine, speed seems about ok right now. Tanks themselves though--I feel like I'm some glorified pillbox on treads whose sole job is to cart my secondary gunner around because he's the only one good for anything at the moment.

As currently "balanced," tanks are neither useful or fun, and that's not a good thing for a Battlefield game.

Hopefully DICE is listening.

What do you notice about your vehicles of choice?
    -Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Seems pretty good.

As you can tell in one of the other threads I'm irked about the damage to transport choppers. I shouldn't be able to place a tank shell into the cockpit and the chopper just flies away, occupants intact. Same goes for RPGs vs choppers. I've manged to hit 3-4 of choppers with RPGs and its barely a mobility kill. I feel that the transport chopper has bee given a bit too much survivability.
    Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

And the miniguns are ridiculous. The amount of hits to kill infantry is extremely high. Last night I was gunning the transport chopper that Bacon was flying. He was hovering to allow me to get kills and time on target for the gun is laughable. You should not have to get 10 hits with 20mm bullets against infantry.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
        And the miniguns are ridiculous. The amount of hits to kill infantry is extremely high. Last night I was gunning the transport chopper that Bacon was flying. He was hovering to allow me to get kills and time on target for the gun is laughable. You should not have to get 10 hits with 20mm bullets against infantry.
        Apache
        Maybe the infantry are all Chuck Norris clones?

Comment

Last night frog was in the tank and I was repairing. I think he got 5-6 tank/apc kills. The only slight limit was the repair tool had to recharge.
          Also remember this is Vanilla. They are auto repairing at some point.
          Though when an RPG and a Tank shooting at a tank do the same damage something is wrong.

Comment

Battle Log crashed on me again today.
            Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
              Last night frog was in the tank and I was repairing. I think he got 5-6 tank/apc kills. The only slight limit was the repair tool had to recharge.
              Also remember this is Vanilla. They are auto repairing at some point.
              Though when an RPG and a Tank shooting at a tank do the same damage something is wrong.
              RPGs actually do more damage.

Keep in mind also that you don't know what has shot at/is shooting at other tanks and vehicles too. Because the best way for armor to kill other armor in the beta is a tag team you're just as likely to pick off someone who had taken some shots already. I was "sniped" at least twice yesterday by a follow-on tank while I was engaged with the first one I saw.

The reduction in ammo and reload times is HUGE. There's going to be a lot of tank v. tank battles that end up with two tanks just sort of sitting there looking at each other waiting for ammo re-up while the drivers are pounding their keyboards.

-Rand

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

The most my rpg has done is 30 or so. I would THINK that a tank would have a bigger more damaging shell

Comment

I was playing with some EA guys who were using commander mode. Then the game went black, and disconnected everyone. I think they'll take that into account.

Seriously, the bullets need to be more punishing. I shouldn't be putting 3 rounds of sniper into you, especially when I landed hit above the chest. Also, our characters can only hold their breaths for like 5 seconds. Their lungs must be the size of small ziplock bags.

Comment

Well you are swimming with like 40 pounds of gear. Plus it is Vanilla.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                      The most my rpg has done is 30 or so. I would THINK that a tank would have a bigger more damaging shell
                      I finally got a clear, dead on, point blank rear shot on an enemy tank with my tank.

24 damage.

-Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                        I finally got a clear, dead on, point blank rear shot on an enemy tank with my tank.

24 damage.

-Rand
                        Sounds as if the tank's hit box is intentionally deactivated for the beta. Is it the same for infantry? Are head shots killing no easier than foot shots?

Comment

I put over 10 rounds into a guy and he turned and one shot me.
                          Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

No HUD/Spawn followed by CTD....

After playing for about 1.5 hrs tonight...

nohud.jpg

This plus really slow loading... initially. once in game the map is pretty quick. I'm on an old school HDD.
                            [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I saw the enemy showing up friendly bug last night. I peaked around a corner last night to check my rear. I saw a player with a blue icon running towards me. I turned back to check my front and he killed me. He was then showing as an enemy.
                              When I first tried to join last night my game hung in the loading screen. I could hear everything in game as if I was at the map screen. My mouse was not showing either. If I ctrl alt delete and pulled up task manager my mouse would show up and the game showed as running. Once I brought the game forward again the mouse would disappear again. If I left it alone the screen would turn black and a message would pop up saying that IE had stopped working. Restarting Origin and or the computer did not help. After the sixth try it finally worked correctly I was able to play.
                              Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X