Bf4 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bf4 questions

Please do not tell me to search the forums for answers even if they have already been... I am lazy and want it all in one place

1) Will Battlefield 4 run decent on my machine - Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz, 16GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Blu-ray ROM/DVDRW, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, Liquid Cooling, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

2) I have heard people talking about Origin, what exactly is this? I think you need this to sign up for Battle Log?

3) I will probably play the single player campaign first as I do with most games, so I can get used the controls and stuff. I'll probably need advice on keyboard/mouse layouts if the defaults are not all that great.

4) Right now I plan on getting the standard edition, any reason I should get any other version?
    [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Origin is EA's answer for Steam.
    http://www.origin.com/download
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by trip202 View Post
      Please do not tell me to search the forums for answers even if they have already been... I am lazy and want it all in one place

1) Will Battlefield 4 run decent on my machine - Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz, 16GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Blu-ray ROM/DVDRW, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, Liquid Cooling, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

2) I have heard people talking about Origin, what exactly is this? I think you need this to sign up for Battle Log?

3) I will probably play the single player campaign first as I do with most games, so I can get used the controls and stuff. I'll probably need advice on keyboard/mouse layouts if the defaults are not all that great.

4) Right now I plan on getting the standard edition, any reason I should get any other version?
      Origin is like steam. Download it and you buy your games from it or actually run through it.

You should only buy the standard edition with the china rising bundle now.

Play Now in beta to try it all out. That's the easiest way to tell if it will run on your machine.

I usually only change my voice talk button... then again everyone is different.

I can't answer on your actual computer. Compare vs mine if you are knowledgeable , Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB, 16 gb of ram. I keep the settings on auto and it shows it is running on High with a couple of things set to ultra. I tried Ultra and it increased the rubber banding.

Comment

1. The only thing lacking is your video card. My 560ti is suffering through the beta right now (probably getting around 40fps). Yours will probably be right about the same. But this is beta so release it might be better optimized.

2. Origin is EA's version of Steam. You need it to access your game library. Battlelog run from Origin so the log-ins are the same.

3. All battlefield games follow standard FPS set-up.

4. No need to get any other version unless you have money to burn. I highly do NOT recommend getting it.
        [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

You should be fine. I'm running same cpu, ram, and very similar with a gtx660ti. framerates are decent on high / ultra. There was a bunch of benchmarking done recently too, I'll see if I can find the website again.

EDIT: http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4...pu-benchmarks/
          Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Everything has been answered well but I'll add my bit to question #3. The SP won't prepare you for MP. Just jump into the MP head first and practice there.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
              Everything has been answered well but I'll add my bit to question #3. The SP won't prepare you for MP. Just jump into the MP head first and practice there.
              Like he said.

BF3 was their first attempt to make any kind of a single player mode, and it was very, very weak. It included features & controls different than multiplayer. Whatever they provide for BF4 will be better, but the first month or so of multiplayer will have tons of beginners. Squad up with CLRs.

Comment

Thanks guys!

I will probably just let it auto-select graphic settings etc which are best for my system.

Guess I will have to set up an Origin account as well.

Tuqi, your last sentence kind of confused me "4. No need to get any other version unless you have money to burn. I highly do NOT recommend getting it."

Are you saying you do not recommend Battlefield 4? Or, did you just mean anything but the standard version?
                [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Are you saying you do not recommend Battlefield 4? Or, did you just mean anything but the standard version?
                  Sorry Trip I should have been more clear. I recommend you only get the standard version ($59.99) and that is it. Sorry!
                  [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
                    Sorry Trip I should have been more clear. I recommend you only get the standard version ($59.99) and that is it. Sorry!
                    ok, lol
                    [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                      Like he said.

BF3 was their first attempt to make any kind of a single player mode, and it was very, very weak. It included features & controls different than multiplayer. Whatever they provide for BF4 will be better, but the first month or so of multiplayer will have tons of beginners. Squad up with CLRs.
                      Not sure I follow...BFBC and BFBC 2 both had a single player campaign, did they not?

Comment

Originally posted by Savage13 View Post
                        Not sure I follow...BFBC and BFBC 2 both had a single player campaign, did they not?
                        Yes, I believe you are correct. I was thinking of the main "Battlefield" games. They were specifically aimed at multiplayer.

Comment

OK, I really want to like this game but some things are annoying me. I'm thinking of dropping some of the settings down to medium to see if it will run smoother.

I also changed a lot of controls. One of them was make Q my steady scope for sniping. I switched the spot/communications to X. I made sure each letter was only binded once while on foot. However, when I hold Q, the stupid commands pop up.

Also, how does capturing places work? I was at a location next to a flag and it was coming down changing to my flag. Then some opposing tank is standing 15 feet away and it is over ruling my cap and he is capping. Is there some sort of heirarchy system where vehicles will cap a point even if infantry is on it?

So much to learn....hopefully it will be more fun once a CLR server is up.

For now, my favorite part has been running around and trying to stick C4 on tanks
                          [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

It is based on Volume of people in the area and the flags have a huge distance for capping. Tank can hold 2 people. A little large IMO.

Don't forget you can drop the C4 from above.

Comment

So I switched steady scope to mouse button 4 (or5) I forget which is which. Anyway, it works better and I can still use it to sprint. I get dual use out of the side mouse buttons

Although, it seems no matter how you switch your key bindings, holding Q will always bring up the chat commands.
                              [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X