looking for some one that has a 660 none ti 3 gig ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for some one that has a 660 none ti 3 gig ram

need to know how bf4 ran on a 660 3 gig ram card...if it gets a solid 60 fps im thinking about grabbing that card on the cheap if it gets me what i need ...got a old 560 ti and its not cutting i t...if no one knows whats up with that card ill just wait until the game goes live and reviews poor in

again GTX 660 3 gig card
    NO ti versions please

What do you mean by not cutting it? Low FPS at the lowest graphics settings? Or low FPS at the settings you wish to run? I believe my graphics card is possibly somewhere between the 660 and 660ti (closer to the 660ti). I run a mix of Ultra and High settings. I see peaks in the 90's and lows in the 40's.

Just noticed that in the UK at least, the 660 is more than my HD7850. My card does only have 2GB RAM though but that hasn't made any difference at least in the beta.

You're going to be jumping a single Gen of graphics cards with your wanted upgrade. Expect an improvement, but only a slight one. It would be like going from a Intel 3.2Ghz chip to a Intel 3.4Ghz chip. My opinion would be to spend more and buy the 660ti at least, or you know, go the bang for buck option and buy AMD.

Comment

lol i have a 560 ti atm 1 gig of ram. and its not cutting the fps mustard. im looking to find out how the 3 gig 660 preforms and if it can put out a solid 60 fps ...im trying to get good fps. i'm doing mostly sniper this bf time around and want to have good fps ...even if it runs great on high i'm still going to put all settings to low for awesome fps ....want to compete this time around not just flop about. so my point is , if you have sli cross fire what ever and have a edge on your end it wont matter becuase ill be on low and still getting great fps and that means no advantage to you...just a way for me to lvl the playing field on the cheap

Comment

This is a good site with comparison charts. Might help you compare.
        http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/
        Your 560ti outperforms my ATi Hd 5870 with 1gb DDR5 VRAM and I was getting 60 FPS constant at med/high settings at 1920x1080. At low settings, I would be in the 80s. How could your card not be cutting it? Are you looking at much higher resolutions?

Also, I've heard some people say that BF is optimized more for AMD cards.

Comment

Yep... works better with AMD and Nvidia... Uses the PhysX engine form nvidia and core stabalizers that AMD-FX have specialized in.

I've always been a Nvidia fan, and AMD fan, but the technology in Intel chips is really better, but usually at an overwhelming cost for people who are just trying to perform the games of their taste.

Personally I'm doing a full upgrade all across my pc; not for BF4 but just so I can get ahead. I started by getting a new MB, optimized for Windows 8 (although I am still sticking w/ windows 7) with the new UIFI BIOS from ASUS, I upgraded my Disk Drive last year to a decent Asus BD-Burner, installed the FX 4.2 GHZ 8 core processor with the MB, and hopefully by the time the new year roles around I'll be able to get a SSD or a 10,000 RPM HDD, cause my 7200 just isn't cutting it at all. Of course with the new cards I installed a water cooler, since it would consistently hit the 65 degree centigrade mark during sessions of ARMA III and BF4 beta with the pro-stock (if that exist in PC) heat sink that comes with the FX chips. by next summer I plan on getting another 650ti and using the SLi feature to boost graphic power, even though i am ONLY USING 50% on Ultra settings in BF4 and 70% in ARMA III... I just kind of want to try two cards at once.

The 560ti is a great card, but it was only slightly better than the 550ti (which is what I had previously) and costed almost $100 more... Same thing for the 660ti... They say it is a lot better than the 650ti, but in all honestly the performance gap is nearly indistinguishable with good specs on all the other parts of the pc.

And there is my tech spec rant of the week...

Comment

I was running it on a mix of high and ultra fine with a gtx 660 ti (i know you said no ti but just trying to give more data), 2gb though. CPU was the bottleneck more than anything else on this game. Was running 100% all the time on a 3570k. Finally overclocked to 4.4ghz (3.4 is stock) and it was a night and day difference on fps.
            Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

ok as far as the amd being optimized for one brand or another i don't think so dice has said last when bf3 was shipped and this time around for bf4 that there is no better card its just a sponser pretty much and they use those cards at the live demos they put on...e3 gamescon ect ect.....i am gonna get a new 3 gig card for sure and ive been told the next get cards are on the way soon...maybe late november...so maybe ill hold off then and pick up the 660 ti for 200 or 150 $...thanks fellas for the thoughts you guys are the best

Comment

This is just my opinion, but people really need to get this "I need 3GB VRAM!" out of their heads. It's not going to make any real difference over faster 2GB cards. All it will do is allow you to run textures at Ultra settings on specific maps with a tiny % of less stutter due to the memory flushing and loading new textures.

If you want higher FPS you need more processing power (stream processors, better architecture etc)

Sorry if this sounds a bit ranty, but it is a pet peeve of mine to see people spending $$$ and not really getting anything out of it.

Comment

going to over clock when i get the game and playing it will do

Comment

Originally posted by FrOgM View Post
                    going to over clock when i get the game and playing it will do
                    Does the card have non stock cooling? You'll have a slight better chance of a greater overclock if so.

Don't expect too much though. Depending on the card, even a monster overclock can only produce a few extra FPS depending on the game.

I overclocked my HD7850 2GB core from 900Mhz to 1080Mhz and gained around 7fps in the BF4 beta.

edit:

Overclock just the core and leave the memory alone. Core overclocks give a better bump in performance and memory overclocks can have a negative effect on your maximum core speed.

Comment

i mean my cpu not my gpu sorry

Comment

Ahhh, unless you're running quite a poor CPU, I can't see it bottlenecking your Graphics Card one iota, and will give little to no gain of performance.

Comment

Frogm, what is your budget? I just picked up a GTX 760 for ~$250. That would be a pretty big jump for you. Going from a 560 to 660 isn't really worth it.
                          Check out this:
                          http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...view,3107.html
                          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

thats a 2 gig card but thanks

Comment

I think I have a 2GB GPU, I have yet to overclock, as I can't find decent software to do so... unless it is already on my computer somewhere

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X