Questions on Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on Release

Anyone know when the full game can start preloading?

Anyone the least bit worried about COD taking some audience away from this thing the week after it comes out? I'm not sure they've come out so close to each other before. Batman: Arkham Origins comes out this Friday too, but that won't pull folks away from BF4 much. I'll be juggling time in both, but no COD for me.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Nothing so far has been released. I think the main reason it is coming out now is for the Holiday season. Plus the new consuls are important for all 3.

Comment

will have to keep an eye on the steam stats for peak players that day and if is over 70k then watch out bf4.
      Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Any word on when the servers will go live?

I've got to go to a night meeting for work on the 29th so I'm sort of hoping to get a little time in the game that day by going in to the office in the early afternoon instead of my regular time since I will have very little time to play in the evening of the release day. If this works out I would also be able to play a bit if they went live at midnight...

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

most likely at around 4am on the 29th.
          The pre-loading is at least 24 hrs now.

Comment

Beta preloaded 3 days before the game. So preloading will be on the 27th. And all servers go live the moment the game drops. Everything is already live right now. Being tested.

Comment

From BF facebook page

Battlefield
              Don't wait to play - Pre-load!
              Players who pre-order PC Download versions of BF4 on Origin can pre-load within 24 hours of release.

Comment

24Hours? That's cutting it a little close. Hope their servers can handle all that traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                  24Hours? That's cutting it a little close. Hope their servers can handle all that traffic.
                  They'll be ready. This ain't government work.

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                    They'll be ready. This ain't government work.
                    It's worse. It's EA.

Comment

I cancelled my pre-order from Amazon and went with Origin. Amazon kept saying that I would be getting the key on the 29th
                      [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

Can't decide if I want to buy BF4 PC for $48 or buy a PS4 w/BF4 for $499 lol

Comment

Well for what it's worth I hope all the Cod players vanish so we can start to have some teamwork with BF players. Those clowns think everything is TDM. I really despise those guys. We had a squad the other night all on TS, and we started runnin through that map like Grant ran through Richmond. We took more flags in 10 minutes than the rest of the team did the whole round. Thing of beauty it was.

Then next game we were gettin molested by a tank on our side of the map. Finally we had enough, Drisil confiscated an LAV, and me , Frog and him proceeded to run the other team completely to the other side of the map. Then gave them some of their own medicine. Meanwhile the rest of our team was hidin like women and children and wouldnt even shoot at a tank with rockets for fear of being seen. Kicker was they were all engineers and scared to death. Had to protect that precious K/D ratio you know. Clowns... the lot of em.
                          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

well cobalt I like to die... you will never have me not running over and over again at a tank getting killed.

Comment

Origin shows you can preload starting October 26th at 12:00 PM. You can start playing October 29th at 12:00 AM.
                              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X