Jerky Gameplay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerky Gameplay?

I don't know what is going on but it doesn't matter what graphic setting I have this game on, whether its Ultra or Low, my gameplay is extremely jerky. Is anyone else experiencing this? Updated graphics drivers and everything but still no go.

Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX690 4096MB GDDR5 512bit, Dual GPU, 2xDVI-I,DVI-D,mDisplayPort, Quad SLI Ready Graphics Card Graphics Cards
    CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    Case: Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower w/ SuperSpeed USB 3.0 w/ Window w/ Black Interior ATX Case
    PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX1050 80 Plus Silver Certified 1050-Watt Power Supply
    HD1: Intel 520 Series 240 GB SATA 6 Gb/s 2.5-Inch Solid-State Drive
    HD2: Western Digital 500GB SATA3 7200rpm 32 MB Hard Drive -Caviar Black
    Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 PRO - LGA2011 - X79 - 8x DIMM - PCIe 3.0 Motherboards
    CD Drive: Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

That's bad. Haven't heard that problem here, except on old PCs.

Here is a long thread that includes some possible fixes (and lots of BS). I can't tell the difference in this case.
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...17446677445/1/

Comment

Post your FPS for us to look at, that is likely your problem.

Comment

I had 100 FPS and a 41 Ping and the two maps I played were very jerky. I am thinking it was the last update.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
          I had 100 FPS and a 41 Ping and the two maps I played were very jerky. I am thinking it was the last update.
          Apache
          I got to play play about 20 mins with Apache and Co before I had to bail and it was jerky for me too. I could tell right away it wasn't an FPS issue. It actually feels similar to packet loss.

It's more than likely some screwy netcode that needs tweaking.

Comment

Mine was running fine last night and today, but then a little bit ago it got jerky for me as well. I was seeing some comments other people were making about others in the game glitching around as well. I had to get off caz stuff like that will make me nauseous. Wonder if its more of a server issue or something with the game itself maybe?
            Apparently my BF EA manager name is "AwesomeFK" If anyone knows how to change that let me know.
            BF4: Awesome FK
            Steam ID: henry06x
            Xbox Live: H3llboundH3ro v
            X henry06x

Comment

My system plays BF3 at full spec, played BETA at full spec and ran great and than the actual game is trashed....

Comment

The server patch yesterday seems to have made many problems worse for many.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                  The server patch yesterday seems to have made many problems worse for many.
                  Including me. It ran smooth for me after the release. Joined last night and it was a jerkfest.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

There is an app called PowerGrid on my phone that lets me monitor my CPU/RAM/Network through my phone. The game is completely destroyed to me now. Yesterday it was using 18KBs/5KBs and now it's using 3KBs/3KBs network wise. My CPU load was at 40% because I was playing on low, getting 200FPS. Now my CPU load is 80% and getting less FPS. It's using less RAM than yesterday, so that's a start lol

I'm going to put my newly acquired 40x scout scope on my sniper and sit far away, hoping for a kill, because I can't rush with this jerkiness. I take 2 steps forward and 32 back.

Comment

KP - After you tell me where you are (when I die horribly). Please don't move around. I just got mortars.

Comment

I've played a few rounds today and it has been as smooth as butter for me. Did a patch get released?

I did update my Punkbuster and DirextX. No idea why the game installs both, yet fails to actually run them meaning you're running outdated versions.

Comment

Been playing pretty heavily since launch and it's mostly server side created issues. This is something DICE and company need to fix as it's clear after a map restart that the issue is not present, but shortly after it can present itself and affects all users.

This is not a client side issue. It's entirely the server application experiencing some form of degradation eventually leading to a crash. There's not much we can do as individuals, other than continue random testing like reducing the number of maps and excluding certain maps in order to isolate issues created by individual maps.

I'm sure Cain has put some time in on this and honestly, it's gotten to the point where we might as well just say 'why bother?', this shouldn't be an issue on launch day. Goes to show that the game was released too early.

Comment

Aren't there a couple of maps that make it unbearable to play?

Comment

Maps? Maybe. Jury is still reviewing evidence.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X