Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuckles for my co-pilots - Does this remind you of flying with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuckles for my co-pilots - Does this remind you of flying with me?

Crazy Scout Helicopter flip

http://youtu.be/rRdxph_LBrA

I flew with you once and thought about puking.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Comment

One man army
        Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

If you fly as an engineer, with Wigz, doing spotting and repair you will get a crazy amount of points.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Apache probably got stupid dizzy that time.

Recently has been significantly more rage logging and screaming something about Stinger spam.

Point, lock, shoot, Reload, Point, lock, shoot. Literally the easiest weapon to use versus air and most countermeasures take 30s+ to come back.

Comment

in BF2 my clan banned people for doing that in choppers... just sayin'

They were pretty hardcore about being realistic, if it couldn't be done in real life, they considered it a game exploit.

In all honesty, I think this guy has way too much practice in scout choppers, I flew one around with my friend as the engi, and we racked up some points but not without getting pushed back by AA and stingers every couple of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Crazy View Post
                They were pretty hardcore about being realistic, if it couldn't be done in real life, they considered it a game exploit.
                LOL. You probably should have been playing Arma or something. BF is nowhere near realistic.

Comment

I wish I knew how to do this in helos. I can't get the dang things to hover in place and it seems like every time I touch a key for a slight adjustment I'm 20 feet further in that direction, then I start to panic and the over-compensation snowballs to chaos.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

While I am not good with hitting things on the ground I can at least avoid many of the buildings. I would say when you are starting a map just try to fly round buildings as tight as you can.

Comment

This video puts me to shame by a long shot, shows my need to improve:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgB3bok6vp0

My only problem is switching from support to engie, repair vs re-supply co-pilots.

As for flying, the scout is easily the easiest to do well in comparatively to the attack chopper or transport.
                      Those 2 choppers suffer terribly when hit by AA, whilst the scout can keep itself right pretty easily.

I've tried really damn hard to fly the attack and transport, but also recover from AA hits... unfortunately, both do really badly at recovery... even with the gryo upgrade. I've literally slowed to a hover on both, gotten hit, and they strafe wildly to one side or another.

My favourite is still the 2142 transport. Pilot, 2 gunners, 2 engies... motion mines, AA guns... it was glorious to float above a tank or mech, have the boys drop some mines on it. You could easily lock down a map with that squad killing mech's, infantry, and the other air.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X