Still cant reinstall BF4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still cant reinstall BF4!

So I have been having many problems with Battlefield so far. Every problem I have encountered starts after an update or patch. My latest problem started after the past weeks update. I could not stay connected to a server for any longer than a few seconds anymore when before about the only time I dropped from a server was if it crashed. I decided to uninstall and reinstall BF to see if it would help me any. After uninstalling and re-downloading the game from Origin I tried to reinstall it and at 20% I receive a BF4 box that pops up saying "DirectX Setup Error: An internal error occurred." then it shuts down the install. I'm not sure why I am getting the error or how to fix it so I can be able to reinstall the game. Has anyone had this problem or is anyone able to help me through it? It would be much appreciated!
    Apparently my BF EA manager name is "AwesomeFK" If anyone knows how to change that let me know.
    BF4: Awesome FK
    Steam ID: henry06x
    Xbox Live: H3llboundH3ro v
    X henry06x

Tried updating DirextX? Would be my first port of call. Considering all your issues Henry, and now the fact that you can't even install the game, I'm left wondering how sound your Windows, drivers etc install is.

Comment

Everything else is running fine. I installed minecraft and have been playing it with no problems. It may not be as demanding of a game, but I have had no problems. I just installed my Capture card and have no problems. I'm running it and the web right now and its handing it all great. The only issues I have had with anything is battlefield. When I first installed it everything was fine and the game ran smooth. The only time I dropped was a server crash, but every time there is an update or something it got worse.
      Apparently my BF EA manager name is "AwesomeFK" If anyone knows how to change that let me know.
      X henry06x

Comment

Actually now that I think of it I did download the windows 8.1 free update to windows at about the same time the update for BF released. Maybe windows 8.1 is effecting it?
        X henry06x

Comment

Just searched google and see people have been posting in forums that they are having issues with DirectX errors after updating with 8.1. I have seen some forum pages about it and YouTube for it. Never really put it together until just now. I was thinking it was game issues and apparently its the windows update.

Think it would serve me well to just reformat with my windows 8 install disk? Or should I try some of the fixes I have found on the web?
          X henry06x

Comment

What web browser do you open it through? I had a problem with IE and using chrome now.
            Also click on the game through orgin and go down to update.

Comment

You might try rolling back your computer to an earlier date and see if that works. I had crash issues too, but I disable my firewall during play and it works fine now. PB is a problem too with some folks but that isnt related to an directX error. That has to do with drivers I believe. Might try some other drivers and see if they work better. I had to go back to Beta V7 for my AMD stuff for it to work also. The newer ones crashed pretty bad for me.
              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                You might try rolling back your computer to an earlier date and see if that works. I had crash issues too, but I disable my firewall during play and it works fine now. PB is a problem too with some folks but that isnt related to an directX error. That has to do with drivers I believe. Might try some other drivers and see if they work better. I had to go back to Beta V7 for my AMD stuff for it to work also. The newer ones crashed pretty bad for me.
                As Cobalt says, I would try rolling Windows back to 8.0 before I tried a reformat and reinstall. Always try the easiest fix first if you are not sure what is causing the problem.
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

It wont let me restore before the update to windows 8.1. It has a restore point directly after it and says cant restore beyond that point because of a critical windows update.
                  X henry06x

Comment

Did you try updating DirectX yet?

Comment

I have checked my computer for updates and it says everything is up to date. Is there another way to check DirectX individually? Figured it would with the system check.
                      X henry06x

Comment

Yep. Windows update doesn't touch DirectX. BF4 comes with it yet never runs it (how brilliant) /Origin Games/_Installer/directx/redist/dxsetup.exe

Comment

I can FINALLY PLAY AGAIN!!!!! Had to reformat to get rid of windows 8.1 because it was not working with directX at all.
                          X henry06x

Comment

Ahhh good ol' Win8. Somebody needs to tell that tablet/phone OS to go back to where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                              Ahhh good ol' Win8. Somebody needs to tell that tablet/phone OS to go back to where it belongs.
                              I actually kinda like Windows 8 to be honest. Its rather simple and I put all my stuff I use the most on the start page and can get to everything quick and easy. I don't know what was up with Windows 8.1 tho. My optimal settings are back to high and ultra also now that I got rid of it. Have no idea why 8.1 had those all dropped to low either.
                              X henry06x

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X