so much for LCD mod!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so much for LCD mod!

i have recently acquired (free) a sony PS1 LCD, but i dont have enough 5.25 bays to fit it !

shouldi mod it into the side window or put it into another case?

with the monstrous circuit board on the back of LCD it makes it a difficult

How about fitting it into the roof of the case? If it's wide enough it would looks sweet.

Comment

0_o that would be sweet, but i use my top as a place to put junk on top of...

maybe I could try making a flip up LCD, and i will have to make a frame and such.... idea though!

Comment

Or remove the junk?

Comment

Originally posted by imlittlev
          0_o that would be sweet, but i use my top as a place to put junk on top of...

maybe I could try making a flip up LCD, and i will have to make a frame and such.... idea though!
          I wouldn't suggest it. i tore one apart and stuck it in a car. the "curcular" shape of the board is a big hinderence, but worse off is you can't disconnect the lcd without ALOT of work. the ribbon cables are a huge pain.

What about taking apart a cd rom, and making it a motorized flip out design?

Comment

^if i had that much mechanical skill that would be delicious!

perhaps i can make a frame out of it sometime this weekend, i have a lil bit of wood and a dremel, but i HATE circular saw (crappy inaccurate)

Comment

personally, i'd just mod the cd tray & bay with a dremel & a metal straight edge. you do good work. give yourself more credit.

Comment

actaully, i think i might take the spot where the 120mm intake is, and put itin there. i'd remove the plastic "grill" and cut out the holes for the fan.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X