This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you believe in Evolution?

I say no, and I'll give my reasons later so this thread doesn't become a thread about people agreeing/disagreeing with my beliefs.

I've been asked the question a lot lately, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Keep it cool and clean though, remember everyone has their own beliefs.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

This can get really ugly really quick. Will be interesting to see every bodies view though.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I believe in evolution. I'm agnostic.....I'm willing to believe in a higher power, but I want to see some kind of proof. I don't believe that we were created out of dust in the image of our maker, but I'm willing to believe that the Universe as a whole was created by a higher being and that we've evolved to fill in a specific niche and to evolve beyond that. We're not the end all and the one species, but we're one, if not the only, intelligent species to evolve within our galaxy.

I'm sorry but I just can't believe in Divine Intervention and all of that. At this point I'm willing to believe in a higher power that has created our universe, but I'm not willing to believe that our species (homosapien) has been created to bring all others within the fold and to the true god. There's too many religions out there with similar philosophies if you discount the radicals to either side of the issue, and I'm not willing to place blind faith in one of them, especially something as radical as the far Catholic or Muslim right, or left for that matter.

All in all, until I see some reality of God or a "higher power" being in existance, I'm willing to believe in almost anything, or at the least, a supreme being that has created the *basis* of reality as we know it.
      [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
      [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I believe in evolution because life as to Evolve for life to go on.

Comment

Why I don't believe in evolution is simple.

If we came from monkeys, how come they are still around? And how come there are no Half man Half Monkey's out there?

Also, there may not be proof in a god, though I believe in god, but where's the proof in evolution? The fact that we look like monkeys? Act like monkeys? Don't dogs act like wolves? So big mean fierce wolves suddenly evolved into a lil poodle?

I don't believe that a big godly hand touched earth with a few zaps and suddenly appeared a naked dude and a naked chick, infact I don't believe in many things that are in the bible, but I just don't see how evolution exists.

I believe in Adaptation however. Asians have those "tiny eyes" because of many assets in Asia, and also grew the pigments if they live in the USA or other places besides Asia. They didn't evolve into being "tiny eyed"

I love this south park clip, but before you view it remember that it IS south park, and is kinda foul, but hilarious as hell.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

Comment

Evolution?

Why do people from the desert countries have (Usually) longer noses?
            To help filter out the sand.

Why do eskimo's have more skin layers than any other group?
            Because of the cold.

If we all came from the same original ancestors, then I'd say that we "Evolved" to better fit our geographical areas. Humans are VERY adaptable.

Toy dog breeds were made from unusually small specimens of a normal sized breed. Eventually the genetics solidified into a Normal Toy sized dog breed that stayed true. This could be called "Forced" evolution in a way.

Clydsdale's didn't just "Happen".

And this doesn't have to take into account any of the Religious books.
            That open's up an entirely Different kettle of fish.
            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

i for one dont beleive in a higher being of such i am a fateist i beleive in the fates and the fact that if it happens it hapens and there aint no way to stop it.

but as for evolution yes there is proof that we evolved from monkeys the first evolution was Australopithecus Afarensis and there was a different strain from us that came from the monkeys which was Homo Neanderthalensis but they couldnt adapt and died of in the ice age o yeah and there is Homo Floresiensis.

the only reason a dog doesnt look like a wolf but still acts like it is cos we interveined in its evolution which hasnt changed for thousands of years humans created the "toy dogs" by breading diferent types together till they got the desired effect they wanted which goes the same for horses and livestock.

but it doesnt stop you from beleiveing what you beleive in im just a person that likes to know these sort of facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Prey_for_Death
                I believe in evolution because life as to Evolve for life to go on.
                THATS A BIG +1,000,000

Comment

I'm also a strong believer in evolution. There are examples of evolution all around us. Problem is, a single human is not alive long enough to witness the evolution taking place.

As for a higher power, I don't think there is one. I think that religion is just a thing people use when they have to believe in something, when they don't understand.

Take how the acient greeks and romans viewed religion.

"Oh...thunder...Zeus must be angry!".
                  Then, as time went on, people understood where thunder came from. They simply didn't know, and had a need to fill a lack of knowledge, so they used something like religion to fill that gap.

I'm not saying religion is bad, it can be great for people. It can be something that people use to stay grounded, to stay accountable for their actions. I prefer living by a morale code, staying true to values and respect, then simply and blindly do something because of God.
                  [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                  So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

As others have pointed out, it doesn't have to be one or the other.
                    A change of Pace.
                    "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Evolution is part of intelligent design
                      [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
                      [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
                      [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by paceman
                        As others have pointed out, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Yep, what i was about to post. saved me some time .

/BTW i am religous and believe in evolution.
                        Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Here is your giant Can 'O Worms sir. Please drive through!

"It is said that when science finally peers over the crest of mountain into the summit; it will find that religion has been sitting there all along."

The great Peter O'Toole in the "Creator"

I am a closet evolutionist. I'm active in church; go every Sunday/Wednesday. I sit there during "evolution bashing week" and wonder if anyone knows what I am thinking and will they burn me at the stake.

I'm a believer in both! Yes both. I think God created a wonderful universe with lots of things for us to wonder about. He also gave us the insatiable desire to wonder about those things. Gives us things to do and choices to make. Just like my kid. I let him make more and more of his own choices as he grows older.

If you stop to think about how complex things are down to the molecule (and below); how things work but shouldn't, you gotta wonder about a master designer. We pretend that we can explain everything with science but in fact we cannot. We can get close; but never can fully explain it or even duplicate it. Of course then you'll hear someone say "oh in a hundred years we will" Been a hundred years. Ain't explained everything yet.

Comment

I think we were here from some other galaxy. A long long time ago some drunk kids crashed into this planet and said there was no way they are telling there mother or father that they crashed there new spaceship.
                            Now here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDeadMeat
                              Here is your giant Can 'O Worms sir. Please drive through!

"It is said that when science finally peers over the crest of mountain into the summit; it will find that religion has been sitting there all along."

The great Peter O'Toole in the "Creator"

I am a closet evolutionist. I'm active in church; go every Sunday/Wednesday. I sit there during "evolution bashing week" and wonder if anyone knows what I am thinking and will they burn me at the stake.

I'm a believer in both! Yes both. I think God created a wonderful universe with lots of things for us to wonder about. He also gave us the insatiable desire to wonder about those things. Gives us things to do and choices to make. Just like my kid. I let him make more and more of his own choices as he grows older.

If you stop to think about how complex things are down to the molecule (and below); how things work but shouldn't, you gotta wonder about a master designer. We pretend that we can explain everything with science but in fact we cannot. We can get close; but never can fully explain it or even duplicate it. Of course then you'll hear someone say "oh in a hundred years we will" Been a hundred years. Ain't explained everything yet.

Get out of my head man! Very well said.

Here is something this one man once said.

Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is bline.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X