BSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSOD

Ok on one of my rigs I have to use a Wireless adapter for my internet...whenever I get a high rate of transfer the sys file for my adapter causes a bsod...any thoughts on what it might be??

Thanx in advance

I dont know if this helps but...

My wired adapter was doing this, except it was with a high number of connections and high rate.
    First try new/updated drivers i say new/updated because, if you can get hold of other drivers that work for the adapter try them...
    Try firmware from the company that makes it too, if they have it...
    if it still does it, try another wireless if you have one, it might be a TCPIP Stack issue
    (if you use the patch to increase the number of 'concurrent' connections you can have on TCP to more than 10 remove it)

In the end i had to disable my NIC because i could not solve it and i found out later on it was a firmware issue with xp and there was no firmware update as the company removed support for the NIC years back.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
    ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Really does sound like a stability problem. As Sirex said, update your drivers and check for a new firmware release first as this will fix most issues.

What kind of rate is the transfer going at to when it causes the BSOD?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
        Really does sound like a stability problem. As Sirex said, update your drivers and check for a new firmware release first as this will fix most issues.

What kind of rate is the transfer going at to when it causes the BSOD?
        700kb/s

Comment

And anything below this is fine?

Comment

yea....Im wonderin if for some reason the data is goin through faster then what the USB can handle

Comment

So your not running it via ethernet? USB is unstable at higher transfer rates, and even my new modem doesn't even come with a USB port. I wouldn't actually recommend running USB with any connection about 4mb. It would be a good idea to try running it this way instead just to see if it cures your problem.

Comment

Yea I had to get a Linksys USB Wireless Adapter cause this system is 2 floors below the Router so the adapter is connected via USB to my Rig

Comment

Get an internal PCI NIC if you have the space for it and have to use wireless. I've had issues with USB wireless connections in the past, that have all been solved by moving to a PCI NIC.
                  [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
                  [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Ok thanx for the advice guys

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X