Play nice, Fraps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play nice, Fraps...

Obviously, Fraps hates my audio codecs, or my audio codecs hate Fraps.

I've been using ffdshow for video/audio codecs for AVIs for quite some time. Everything played smoothly, and Fraps videos were a little clunky at times (some video skipping, though some tweaks usually smoothed out) but always functioned pretty well.

Until last night. After taking several videos in-game, the video runs fine, but there is no audio. Hindsight tells that this is the first time using Fraps on this new computer, so perhaps I've missed something blatantly obvious, but I can't seem to find it. Still, on Kenshin's computer, I ran the same codecs, the same version of Fraps, and could record videos with audio.

Audio codecs currently being used:
    --ffdshow (no audio or video configuration for raw video/audio, though)
    --Haali Media Splitter / Matroska Splitter (no AVI support enabled, though)
    --DirectVobSub (simply used for subtitles in AVIs)

So...any pointers? My music files play fine, other AVI files play fine, game audio is perfect. Only problems are with video captured through Fraps. The audio won't playback once recorded.

My settings on Fraps:
    --Record Sound = check
    --Detect best sound input
    --Sound Device: Realtek HD Audio Input
    --Sound Input: Default

Re: Play nice, Fraps...

Originally posted by Tails_Kitsune
    Obviously, Fraps hates my audio codecs, or my audio codecs hate Fraps.

I've been using ffdshow for video/audio codecs for AVIs for quite some time. Everything played smoothly, and Fraps videos were a little clunky at times (some video skipping, though some tweaks usually smoothed out) but always functioned pretty well.

Until last night. After taking several videos in-game, the video runs fine, but there is no audio. Hindsight tells that this is the first time using Fraps on this new computer, so perhaps I've missed something blatantly obvious, but I can't seem to find it. Still, on Kenshin's computer, I ran the same codecs, the same version of Fraps, and could record videos with audio.

Audio codecs currently being used:
    --ffdshow (no audio or video configuration for raw video/audio, though)
    --Haali Media Splitter / Matroska Splitter (no AVI support enabled, though)
    --DirectVobSub (simply used for subtitles in AVIs)

So...any pointers? My music files play fine, other AVI files play fine, game audio is perfect. Only problems are with video captured through Fraps. The audio won't playback once recorded.

My settings on Fraps:
    --Record Sound = check
    --Detect best sound input
    --Sound Device: Realtek HD Audio Input
    --Sound Input: Default
    The only thing I'd suggest is messing around with the last 3 options and seeing if it works. When I first got vista, the sound wouldn't record either. Although, they fixed that with a patch after a few months. I believe one of the options on the last 3 SHOULD do the trick. Dunno what else you can do tbh.
    [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
    You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

I have the same problem.
      I also have the realtek HD drivers or w/e

and for some reason, fraps wants to take the sound input from your MIC(i ended up hearing myself tapping away, when I originally went to record stuff)

goto sound options, then hit properties from the options menu, and choose Realtek HD Audio Input. there should be 5 "bars" and the last 2 are muted, unmute "sterio mix" (think its this one) and then when you use FRAPS, it will record sound. but you will not be able to use your mic, if you do, everyone will basically just hear what you hear through your speakers

there might be an easier fix, but i have yet to find one..

Comment

I guess my speaker setup is slightly different, th3st1ck. My "Line Out" (2nd last) was un-muted when I pulled it up, but as you said, the last one (Stereo mix) was not.

I un-muted it, pulled up an AVI, recorded it. When I played it back, though, the sound was pretty staticy and much louder (perhaps I should have lowered the volume ). So, that worked...I may just need to tweak volume settings to make it sound nicer upon playback.

Just after a few quick tests, though, changing the recording volume did nothing, and switching my speaker system to just a 2-channel also had no effect. Though, when I pulled up Sound Recorder, it actually played my voice back, so it seems my mic works fine, even though I can record. Only problem is my recordings playback at an ungodly volume.

Thanks for the help, guys. I'm going to try to tweak around with this some and see if I can get the playback to sound nice. If so, then perhaps I can have audio in my recordings, as well as a functional mic.

Comment

yeah.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
            by Apache Warrior
            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
          • Reply to 6 years
            by Sirex
            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
            Just hit 2.5K miles...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
            by Sirex
            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
            by Sirex
            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
            by Sirex
            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
          Working...
          X