Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Browser Issues.

Well, i'm having some issues.

I cannot access the internet via Firefox or Opera. I must use Internet Explorer :P

Everything was going fine, until I rebooted my computer last night and I couldn't access the internet. I rebooted again, and got the same result. I finally opened up IE(which I never use) and it worked. So I went into FF to make sure I didnt have it set up to try and connect through a proxy or anything, and all the settings were like normal.

After some messing around, I realized I could connect to website that used ports other then 80. I'm guessing somehow something blocked port 80 in firefox and opera? but not IE?

I have the latest versions of all 3 of those browsers. And I don't think I've recently installed or updated anything.

Help please?

For firefox:
    check wat type of connection do You have and set this in firefox settings.
    I`m using DSL and I have "direct internet connection" without any proxy server or something else.

Comment

yeah, i set it to "direct internet connection"

still doesnt work.

Comment

Try to reinstall Firefox, or check Antivirus software and again firewall settings.

Comment

I didnt want to lose anything, so i just installed FF in a different location, works fine now.

that was odd...

Comment

All bookmarks and favorites can be exported to file... so You don`t lose anything.
            But if now working fine thats good news

Comment

I would still check for spyware, adware and viruses. There are some that make some changes to your stack and would affect your system in this way.

Comment

Download and run a program called WinsockFix. Its very small and I use it on all infected PCs, so whether yours has a bug or not, its worth the effort.
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by mapes
                  I would still check for spyware, adware and viruses. There are some that make some changes to your stack and would affect your system in this way.
                  nah, its not spyware or viruses.
                  i got +5 programs for all that
                  just in case im doing a full system scan, so the server might be a bit slower

i believe its a program i installed that messed it up, but its all good now

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                  Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                    by Apache Warrior
                    6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                  • Reply to 6 years
                    by Sirex
                    I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                    Just hit 2.5K miles...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                    by Sirex
                    Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                  • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                    by Sirex
                    Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                  • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                    by Sirex
                    Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                  Working...
                  X