X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the temperature obsessed.

Scythe Orochi

120mm x 194mm x 155mm (height)
    140mm x 25mm fan, 500rpm (12cm mounting holes)
    weight 1155g + 130g fan

dear god.

Comment

But, it is ugly.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Wow thats like three pounds of cooling goodness, Orochi "big snake of eight branches".

I see some mounting tabs on the side, maybe your supposed to screw it to the top of the case for added stability lol. I actually have that same micro atx Aopen board and that thing is real tiny.

It is ugly, but it looks so over the top I'd consider getting it. I'm curious to how it performs. The 500 rpm 140mm fan is probably dead silent.
        Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Holy crap.

What could you be running to where you actually need that?
          Let me add what would you be running on a normal computer.
          Not like a server or something huge like that.

Baller

PS Cost?
          [url=http://2142-stats.com/baller4life+stats.html][img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/baller4life_player_650.png[/img][/url]
          [url=www.cainslair.com][img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/baller4life2468/bf2142sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Comment

I would imagine if this thing performed like I'm speculating, a fan might not be needed on a non oc'd cpu. The newer die shrinks any ways. The 500 rpm fan it comes with will probably be inaudible anyway.

The PC I just built is virtually silent, even with the side panel off. Fan noise never bothered me but now that I experienced a noiseless PC I'm never going back.
            Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

how do you fit it into a case

Comment

Originally posted by BlackArrow
                how do you fit it into a case
                I guess you need a server tower or something.

@Devilguns : Yes it can be ran completely fanless

@Baller : Overclockers hate heat, and sometimes noise. Cost? Who knows, but i'm guessing expensive.

Comment

Think this is from the same show.

Comment

HOLY JESUS.

Tha'd be a computer repair person's nightmare. Forget about a quick buck to add a stick of ram for a customer. That'd cause it to be a full day's work.

and OMG that last pic looks like the radiator out of a semi, or the return for a 10 ton a/c unit.

Anyway, that heatsink is hideous. There is too much free air room just above the processor where the copper tubing is. I bet this thing doesn't cool worth a crap.

Comment

that is anice HS....I thought mine was big...Ill have to look into that one cause I love OC'in

Comment

mother...
                        [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Get a permit

Hire a structural engineer

Make sure you have the right kind of crane boys...

Im installing Godzilla's Heatsink

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
                            Think this is from the same show.

Lets all be honest here.

There are some things that defy usefulness that people will build to alleviate the pain people feel when they have money in their pockets.

That sink is pure uselessness. There is a maximum return on this and the design on that, in my opinion, looks absolutely ridiculous.

These manufacturers are no different than the car dealers who try to tell me that in order to get floor mats with my new car, I will need to add an option and spend an additional 1000 dollars.

When I could get something int he parts dept for 300 bucks or just go down to the Grand Auto (now called Auto Zone) and get the floor mats for $35 bucks.

Besides, I'd need a metallurgist to build me the custom case.....

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE
                              HOLY JESUS.

Tha'd be a computer repair person's nightmare. Forget about a quick buck to add a stick of ram for a customer. That'd cause it to be a full day's work.

and OMG that last pic looks like the radiator out of a semi, or the return for a 10 ton a/c unit.

Anyway, that heatsink is hideous. There is too much free air room just above the processor where the copper tubing is. I bet this thing doesn't cool worth a crap.
                              Knowing Scythe i think it'll be the opposite. The reason for the extension and height is so it can cool the RAM at the same time.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X