Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet Peeves

Post your favorite pet peeves here, the foibles of everyday life. I'll start with one.

People who back into parking spaces in parking lots. I can't stand that. For some reason it just really gets to me, and truly annoys me.

Which has nothing to do with the fact that I almost got hit twice by them within 10 minutes getting a salad from Giant a little while ago. The first time some old lady had pulled out of the front space of a head-head setup, so I pulled through so I could leave easier. She then starts backing up her gigantic boat of a car right into my path.

The second, I was leaving with my salad and drink, and some guy coming up my row suddenly turns his car toward me while still moving, almost like he was trying to get in my way or hit me, then he backs into another space.

Backers. Annoying gits.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

People who wear hats in a fancy restaurant piss me off. I see it all over here in California. It's like if it was a fast food place ok whatever but, a really nice resturant gahhh

Comment

in line with what mapes said, people who wear baseball caps at the dinner table. Call me old fashioned, but I hate that.

Close talkers. I have my own personal bubble of space that I don't like people getting in (well, certain people can). Some people just like to come in WAY too close

People who can't make up their minds. They hum and haw about every little thing, it gets annoying.
      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky
        in line with what mapes said, people who wear baseball caps at the dinner table. Call me old fashioned, but I hate that.

Close talkers. I have my own personal bubble of space that I don't like people getting in (well, certain people can). Some people just like to come in WAY too close

People who can't make up their minds. They hum and haw about every little thing, it gets annoying.
        Yep I'm with you on those to. Also people who talk on a cell phone at the dinner table.

Comment

Lane blockers !!! Say you are pulling out from a side street and traffic going straight backs up at a light ... there's always that one guy who makes sure to pull up and NOT leave a freakin' space to drive through so you can pull out. You may not even need in the same lane as him, but he will just blissfully ignore you as you sit there waiting for enough room to pull out.

This happened to us at work a while back and this lady was completely oblivious to our carload of people, even as I sat 4 feet away from her SUV. She knew enough to not look our way or show any indication she had seen us, so the next time it happens we now carry cue balls in the car to throw at the car to see if we get any response.
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Two words: "I seen"

Comment

People that say "My Bad" then walk off like what they did, did not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by I
                Seriously...
                Its = Possessive, It's = It is
                Your = Possessive, You're = You are
                Their = Possessive, They're = They are, There = Over Yonder
                Seriously.
                Oh, and since we're talking about cars: Overly impatient drivers. I.e. people who honk at the car in front of them at a light less than 10 seconds after the light has turned green. Moving from FL to the DC metro area I was amazed at how impatient the drivers can be... I'm usually quick to go on a green, but I've seen people get honked at b/c they're simply having a conversation and take 2 seconds to notice the light has changed.

Comment

Two things: twisted phone cords drive me crazy and folks who sit in the lefthand "PASSING LANE" of the freeway going the speed limit or less when no one is in the right hand lane so you are forced to pass on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by L_Mo
                    Originally posted by I
                    Seriously...
                    Its = Possessive, It's = It is
                    Your = Possessive, You're = You are
                    Their = Possessive, They're = They are, There = Over Yonder
                    Seriously.
                    Oh, and since we're talking about cars: Overly impatient drivers. I.e. people who honk at the car in front of them at a light less than 10 seconds after the light has turned green. Moving from FL to the DC metro area I was amazed at how impatient the drivers can be... I'm usually quick to go on a green, but I've seen people get honked at b/c they're simply having a conversation and take 2 seconds to notice the light has changed.
                    While I don't really care much for the net / l33t / chatting speak (whatever you want to call it), I like to note that some people who are typing out the words do not speak english fluently or have english as a 2nd, 3rd or other language. So nit picking on their language can seem kinda petty.

However, I say again, I really don't like l33t speak
                    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Coming up to a 4 way stop and no one is taking their turn so you go and then they all decide to go.

People with full carts at the store with someone with 3 items standing behind them.

People who do not control their children in stores.

People that are on welfare with no job and they are buy steak when me and everyone else are working are asses off to feed them and we are counting pennies. Welfare was setup as a good thing to help women who lost their husbands in war or for families who got laid off. NOT for people who are lazy and have no intention of working/looking for a job. --- this one really pisses me off.

Comment

People who think, just because they go to Notre Dame, it makes them Irish. Even if their name is Poluowski or something.

Comment

Liberal millionaires who want to give my money away.
                          [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
                          [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
                          [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by mapes
                            People who wear hats in a fancy restaurant piss me off. I see it all over here in California. It's like if it was a fast food place ok whatever but, a really nice resturant gahhh
                            i live in cali too mapes. restaurants are bad enough. but, how about the men that won't take there hat off for our national anthem? i want to smack them in the back of there heads

Comment

Use your damn turn signal!

That is all.
                              Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X