• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Patch v1.2 Released

Release Notes and Mirrors (From BU)

The game seems to run much more smoothly

Comment

yepp and it crashes at the end of each round quite often...
      Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

thanks, I am DLing it now.

Comment

Tried it last night and got disconnected back to the main menu a lot. Hopefully the server's will be patched today, and that issue will be resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu
            yeah all the new 'big' servers crash just like they did in beta. Good old epic eh?

Comment

I wonder where Betty is?
              --Slaughter

Comment

game play has gotten smoother!

Comment

I haven't had any crashing problems. then again I've only played about 10 matches since I've patched. They've been on 24 -32 player servers. Maybe if I played on strictly 32p servers I'd have a problem or maybe I'm just lucky

Comment

The crash bug is for servers running over 32 players within the new upper limit of 64. Basically any server with more than 32 on crashes at map change making the new upper limit unusable even if you do have a fast enough server cpu to cope with the extra load. Ah well, maybe by the time they patch the patch to get this working they will also have added a game mode where 64 players is suitable and doesn't just overload the server CPU because everyone is in the same place like they tend to be in WAR.

Comment

I have to say I'm very disappointed with this patch. The first thing I tested failed(still asks for CD key when offline). Voice still doesn't work for me. Crosshair scaling is weak and a very poor effort. There's a mod out there call custom UT, and it has all the UT2004 crosshair's, scaling for each weapon crosshair, and even change the colour.Why can't Epic do this. Epic needs to put out a PC only patch, and give us a great UI and gameplay action like UT2004. The old UT style isn't working. Their not offering cross platform play, so why continue to keep it like a console game. Oh yeah that's right they need the PC community to make custom content for the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy
                        The crash bug is for servers running over 32 players within the new upper limit of 64. Basically any server with more than 32 on crashes at map change making the new upper limit unusable even if you do have a fast enough server cpu to cope with the extra load. Ah well, maybe by the time they patch the patch to get this working they will also have added a game mode where 64 players is suitable and doesn't just overload the server CPU because everyone is in the same place like they tend to be in WAR.
                        Played tonight on a 64 players server with no crashing at all. Played about six different maps. Downtown was a little choppy. Sinkhole believe it or not ran great. Marketplace and Islander ran great also. Downtown and Sinkhole had about 50 players. Marketplace and Islander was around 40. Also played Floodgate and Tankcrossing with about 40 players, ran good too. Performance took a little hit, but nothing real noticeable. A little too spammy for me, maps are just not big enough. Floodgate and Islander were the only maps that seems ok for that high player count.

Comment

Maybe epic sent them a fix to test out. Every one I joined to see how my fps would cope crashed out.

Not that I plan on playing UT3 ATM. COD4 is a lot better and I didn't like 32 player WAR so there is no chance of liking it with 64! I'm more interested in stress testing the pc than anything else. I'd love it if they put out a gametype suited to 64 players in a bonus pack. Something like BF2 conquest could work for example and be worth a play. Might even get a few players into the game too as I'm sure a lot of those 30 thousand odd remining bf2/bf2142 players would be up for something new if it was fun.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                            by Apache Warrior
                            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                          • Reply to 6 years
                            by Sirex
                            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                            Just hit 2.5K miles...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                            by Sirex
                            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                            by Sirex
                            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                            by Sirex
                            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                          Working...
                          X