Abit AN8 939 Mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abit AN8 939 Mobo

I have a new in box Abit AN8 939 mobo.....My question ..Is it worth putting some money into this board and making a decent gaming machine? The main problem im having is buying a 939 CPU. If I put one in it i would want a X2 cpu and they are pretty pricey on ebay. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance. I kinda hate to waste a good mobo!
    Chops

1 word.

No.

*end message*

Sell the A8N on ebay and buy yourself a C2D setup.

Comment

I already have C2d setup....I will see if I can sell it on ebay I guess

Comment

There's nothing wrong with a second C2D setup.

Comment

Very True. I just hate to have a nice mobo go to waste. But I also dont want to waste money building a antique!

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
            1 word.

No.

*end message*

Sell the A8N on ebay and buy yourself a C2D setup.
            +1

The KN9 series is a pretty good buy since they've come down a LOT.. I'd still go with that motherboard/memory/processor combo that is still available for 399.00 here:
            http://www.tigerdirect.ca/email/ca/e...?CMP=ILC-FPM04

Comment

Mike pimps that combo deal like a cheap rug, so I'll refrain from a comment on it, but I have an Opteron 144 that needs a 939 board, so let me know if you put it up for sale.

Unfortunately, the well has dried up for 939 chips. I saw a great deal on a 3600+ for $40, which would go well for a budget build.
              Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

WT its for sale now! Make a offer!! This Mobo looks like it has never been used. A friend of mine owed me some money so he gave me the mobo instead because he didn't have the cash. Anyway let me know if you have any questions. I was about to put in on ebay but I would fell better selling it to someone on the Lair. It has all the packaging etc

Comment

Target acquired ... locked on .... LAUNCHING WALLET !!!!

We have a confirmed kill !!! Chops, that is a nice looking board, and I wish I had more than a highly overclockable Opteron 144 to put into it, but I'll give it a good home here and find something to build around it.

The Opteron 144 is a 1.8 CPU that could do 2.8 with a good board, and even my Asrock would hit 2.7 with it, so I'm sure 2.8 is within reach on the Abit. My wife's PC is running a NF3/3400+ S754 combo, so I could upgrade her PC as well with no reinstall of Windows due to the chipset being a common denominator.

Let me know the total and I'll get a M.O. out to you by Monday at the latest.
                  Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X