Abit AN8 939 Mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abit AN8 939 Mobo

I have a new in box Abit AN8 939 mobo.....My question ..Is it worth putting some money into this board and making a decent gaming machine? The main problem im having is buying a 939 CPU. If I put one in it i would want a X2 cpu and they are pretty pricey on ebay. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance. I kinda hate to waste a good mobo!
    Chops

1 word.

No.

*end message*

Sell the A8N on ebay and buy yourself a C2D setup.

Comment

I already have C2d setup....I will see if I can sell it on ebay I guess

Comment

There's nothing wrong with a second C2D setup.

Comment

Very True. I just hate to have a nice mobo go to waste. But I also dont want to waste money building a antique!

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
            1 word.

No.

*end message*

Sell the A8N on ebay and buy yourself a C2D setup.
            +1

The KN9 series is a pretty good buy since they've come down a LOT.. I'd still go with that motherboard/memory/processor combo that is still available for 399.00 here:
            http://www.tigerdirect.ca/email/ca/e...?CMP=ILC-FPM04

Comment

Mike pimps that combo deal like a cheap rug, so I'll refrain from a comment on it, but I have an Opteron 144 that needs a 939 board, so let me know if you put it up for sale.

Unfortunately, the well has dried up for 939 chips. I saw a great deal on a 3600+ for $40, which would go well for a budget build.
              Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

WT its for sale now! Make a offer!! This Mobo looks like it has never been used. A friend of mine owed me some money so he gave me the mobo instead because he didn't have the cash. Anyway let me know if you have any questions. I was about to put in on ebay but I would fell better selling it to someone on the Lair. It has all the packaging etc

Comment

Target acquired ... locked on .... LAUNCHING WALLET !!!!

We have a confirmed kill !!! Chops, that is a nice looking board, and I wish I had more than a highly overclockable Opteron 144 to put into it, but I'll give it a good home here and find something to build around it.

The Opteron 144 is a 1.8 CPU that could do 2.8 with a good board, and even my Asrock would hit 2.7 with it, so I'm sure 2.8 is within reach on the Abit. My wife's PC is running a NF3/3400+ S754 combo, so I could upgrade her PC as well with no reinstall of Windows due to the chipset being a common denominator.

Let me know the total and I'll get a M.O. out to you by Monday at the latest.
                  Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                  Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                    by Apache Warrior
                    6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                  • Reply to 6 years
                    by Sirex
                    I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                    Just hit 2.5K miles...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                    by Sirex
                    Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                  • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                    by Sirex
                    Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                  • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                    by Sirex
                    Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                  Working...
                  X