New Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Game?

I havn't seen a "new" game in a while. I would suggest Armed Assault but it is a little too involved for some folks. I liked the simplicity of BF2 or even 2142 but they still had alot of cool features. Most games are either Overly complicated or too simplistic. I think BF2 was just about right...(for most people). I tend to drift toward games that are more complex so long as they are not burdensome.

It may be a while before we see a "NEW GAME" that's truly worthy of CL.

Maybe BF3 will be the one????

Closest thing to a decent new game is Frontlines: Fuels of War. Bit futuristic like BF2142, but close to BF2 in a lot of regards as well. Biggest thing with that game is if they ironed out all the bugs and improved performance, which remains to be seen (since I'm waiting for the demo )

Other than that, it's pretty bleak. Almost all the new games coming out are either scheduled to be console only, or console first with a delayed PC release. And I wouldn't hold my breath on BF3 either. EA seems contented to focus on their console-only next gen BF game Bad Company (with fewer players but with destructibility), and the cartoony casual-friendly BF Heroes. Heroes will be released for free, but you'll most likely have to dump $ into it monthly in order to use all the toys and compete with everyone else on the map. Plus it just smacks of a TF2 ripoff.

We'll see, but its pretty bleak for a while when it comes to good, large-scale MP games on the horizon.

Comment

FoW looks really good, and ARMOR.
      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X