Frontlines : Fuel of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frontlines : Fuel of War

This just came out today on Steam. It looks awesome! I see a purchase in my very near future.

Re: Frontlines : Fuel of War

Originally posted by RadarBait
    This just came out today on Steam. It looks awesome! I see a purchase in my very near future.
    I'd say wait for the demo which should hit in a week or two, then make your decision.

Does look good though, and from the sounds of things I've been reading, many of the bugs and performance issues have been ironed out. I'm genuinely interested in seeing how it plays, and hopeful that a purchase will follow.

We'll see

Edit: Looks like March 11th
    http://www.firingsquad.com/news/news...searchid=19578

Comment

It seems to run on the Unreal 3 engine which explains why it is a graphics hog. Vista users are getting a lot of crashes but I haven't read any feedback on XP users. Seems I need to research this some more before laying down the cash.

Comment

Trailers looks like a mix between bf2 and bf2142 era..... also looks nice, hopefully it will run like an online game unlike bf2142 lol.

I'll definitely try the demo.
        [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
        You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

Well it seems that XP and Vista users are having issues. They can't even start the game. It gets to the splash screen then crashes. Yep I will be waiting until some of this is fixed before I spend 50.00 on this game. Seems the Steam download is 12gigs.

Comment

I finally saw a commercial for this. It doesnt look so bad.

Comment

I am waiting for demo...

Comment

Hmmm... I'm seriously anxiously waiting for this.

Is this THE next Cain's Lair Game?

Or just a nice something for a distraction
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

To me it looks sort of like Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, only with a slightly different color scheme and more humans running around. I definitely need a demo, as it does not look special right now.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                    To me it looks sort of like Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, only with a slightly different color scheme and more humans running around. I definitely need a demo, as it does not look special right now.

-Rand

I kinda got that feeling when I looked at the SS. I won't buy it until I have played the demo... that is for sure. The Tv preview looked awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone
                      Hmmm... I'm seriously anxiously waiting for this.

Is this THE next Cain's Lair Game?

Or just a nice something for a distraction
                      Unfortunately I have my doubts unless this game becomes WILDLY popular. This is yet another game that is ranked and requires servers to hosted only with "trusted" hosting partners. If it were popular, Cain would probably be more willing to pony up the cash for a ranked server (ala BF2). At this point I can't see that happening

If it IS like Quake Wars, that's not all bad. I liked many parts of Quake Wars, but the linearity of the game wore on me. If it had a sandbox option, I'd probably be able to look past it's other flaws and like it for what it does right. This game could very well do that as well. We'll see on March 11th

Comment

Well I jsu purchased ir from Fileplanet and have received a "Sneak Peek" and it is a pretty good game...graphics/gameplay r exceptional but foremost the teamwork required is the best....(gotta love subscriptions to Fileplanet get all the Beta testing)

Comment

The X-Play preview showed that the squadding system played very much like 2142.

Comment

With all the bugs even after two patches I am going to wait on this one. There are pages and pages of XP and Vista owners, 8800 was the last count on their forum that could not run the game. It gets to the splash screen and crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by RadarBait
                              With all the bugs even after two patches I am going to wait on this one. There are pages and pages of XP and Vista owners, 8800 was the last count on their forum that could not run the game. It gets to the splash screen and crashes.
                              Ypu got that right. I run on XP and it is nothing more than a paperweight at the moment. I think I will return the game
                              Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X