Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield 3 ??

http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/10...3-leaked-info/

I'd have to see some more before making a decision, but I won't be getting Vista just for this. That much is for sure.

Comment

The comment about possibly no XP support scares me, as I have no plans whatsoever to upgrade to Vista.

I prefer 2 factions rather than 3, and it sounds like there are multiple base weapons per class (unless the 17 weapons per faction are counting things such as smoke grenades, frags, etc.).

With only 5 classes, rather than 7 that BF2 had, I'm guessing there's going to be some "combinations" going on, as it was in BF2142?

BF2 was very fun, in my opinion, but BF2142 was a bit of a step backwards, I think. Hopefully they can see what players enjoyed most from both games, and find a good way to bring all these elements together.

It sounds promising, but this is EA here.

Comment

I missed the non-XP references...

I too will be running XP until whatever replaces Vista has released SP1 !!

Comment

I tryed VISTA,IT SUCKS BIG TIME,went back to XP,glad I did......thy ...moe

Comment

Well I would imagine it will support XP...Im assuming that Vista will be the suggested requirement while XP will be a min requirement...Im looking forward to the release of this and guys dont be so scared of Vista...it stinks @ the beginning cause of all the UAC crap and so forth but after you learn what to disable and that it destroys XP...I have never had any issues with it since the Longhorn release

Comment

80 players. Hopefully they will let me play games once I am in the fleet.

Comment

I like BF2 over COD4.

More teamwork orientated, what made if fun for me.

Looking forward to BF3, although I doubt they'll require Vista. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I think it'll cut down their market significantly, not going to do something like that.

Comment

There is more teamwork and communication in BF2, which in some ways is strange because more people have mics now, but the foot combat in COD4 is light years beyond BF2. However, the vehicles of BF2 rock. Tanks rule, and the rapid fire APCs were fun as all get out.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Well I wouldn't run vista just to play BF3...too bad,

XP FTW
                    [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I've gotten used to Vista. I've had the machine for about a year... just shy of a year maybe, and after adding video card, XFI sound, and 3 gigs of memory, I cannot complain. It has never locked up on me, I can say that much. Getting used to it is the worst part.

Comment

Originally posted by Tails_Kitsune View Post
                        The comment about possibly no XP support scares me, as I have no plans whatsoever to upgrade to Vista.
                        <snip>
                        It sounds promising, but this is EA here.
                        I wonder if M$ has anything to do with this, trying to prop up Vista acceptance?

I would not buy Vista simply to play ANY game.

Amen, Tails!
                        Last edited by paceman; 19 Mar 2008, 10:45 AM.
                        A change of Pace.
                        "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

What are some of your opinions about this BESIDES the POSSIBILITY of it being Vista only. I doubt that EA would do that considering how many people still use XP, especially because this series has done so well and has been around for a long time now and i don't think they would ruin it over something like that.

Comment

8 maps doesnt seem like enough. How many did BF2 have on release? 2142 had:
                            Cerbere Landing
                            Camp Gibraltar
                            Shuhia Taiba
                            Minsk
                            Fall of Berlin
                            Tunis Harbor
                            Suez Canal
                            Belgrade
                            Verdun
                            Well, only 9. But that wasnt even enough.

Comment

My marketing eyes went "buzz" when I read this.

It looks like a dis-information sheet that was "leaked" to cause interest to the franchise.

The no comment in the DICE and EA response suggests that its intentional as well, to pull eyeballs off COD4 and other games.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X