This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope glimmers again....... BF2 Ranked

Well I have been beating on Trinity and now I'm wearing them down.

You see when most people get a big server they think they can fill it up, but they rarely do. Usually when we put up a server, we really do fill it up - Trinity knows that now so they wanted to charge us close to what it really costs for bandwidth....

OK here is the deal, they now have guaranteed me that the server will not go higher than $140/month even slammed full 24/7 at 64 players and we start out at $89/month...

So lemme ask again (Jeffro please spare us this time dude!!)..... Who is willing to make a monthly donation to keep this server up and running???

-- Cain

I'll help with what I can. Wether it's $5 or $50 i'll chip in.

I don't like COD4 as much as BF2

Comment

I'm talking with with BlackArrow and he is doing a really good job of working to convince me to make this happen ....

Getting really close !!!!

Comment

I want to jump in too!!

Don't know what to do though? It's GOOGLE time!

For me it is the teamwork and comraderie that BF2 brings. COD4 is usually silent until the end of the round and even then it's not the same.

funny I see this now, I'm reinstalling it so I can start playing again. Even before I saw this thread.

Comment

Tails and I will be donating on a monthly basis, so I guess you can chalk up some more donations for BF2 or whatever else it needs to go to.

I'd really like to see the BF2 server make a comeback. I enjoyed 2142, but it just felt like a step backwards from BF2 sometimes. I miss the squad/teamwork based gameplay that BF2 brought.

Comment

BA and I were talking about BF2 and I realized how much fun Wake Island and Strike was !!

What I will need from you folks is commitment to sit in there and help get players, and when they come be friendly and make them want to come back.

It is really hard to make a server busy. Last time we had a head start because I had run a BUSY BF2 Demo server so lots of folks came over from it...

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
              BA and I were talking about BF2 and I realized how much fun Wake Island and Strike was !!

What I will need from you folks is commitment to sit in there and help get players, and when they come be friendly and make them want to come back.

It is really hard to make a server busy. Last time we had a head start because I had run a BUSY BF2 Demo server so lots of folks came over from it...
              Being friendly is the easy part!!

Comment

Being friendly is easy for the terrific folks who call Cain's their home.... but it is tough for some people !!

Comment

Well count me in for sure...My BF2 cd is getting lonely in the box in closet and I could have sworn I heard it calling Cain's name earlier tonight...was kind of freaky I would be willing to pitch in every month some months more then others but every month for sure

Comment

This will be great BF2 is still the primarily game I play.

Sure,
                    Write me down
                    [IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/SOPEK_/sopek01-1.png[/IMG]

Comment

Grenade Spamming sucks omfg... oh crap I complained, better donate to help BF2 :P

Comment

Oh just know if we get a BF2 server I'm done with COD4. I love BF2 so much

Comment

Wow... it's some irony that I play BF2 for the first time in ages and this thread happens.

Comment

I'll be as friendly as an attacking gunship can be....I would even donate too. God I miss my helo

Comment

Originally posted by sopek_ View Post
                              This will be great BF2 is still the primarily game I play.

Sure,
                              Write me down
                              Psssst and I'm looking at a Dallas server so you folks on the West Coast get good ping goodness again from Cain's ....

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X