BF2 Follies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF2 Follies

Had fun last night. Although it was a bit like BF2 follies. Lets see..

1. Try to strafe a Chinese FAV with rockets.....and plow into the ground.
    2. While dodging a Chinese jet I engage a Chinese attack helo.. Lot's of dodging and weaving and narrowly missing the ground...When I hear my gunner laughing his ass off. Apparently the Chinese jet collided with the Chinese helo.
    3. While trying to get a line on an AA emplacement I dodge weave.... and ...EJECT from the chopper LOL...

All in all I still got the helo skills just a bit rusty.... The other wierd thing is I forgot the keys.....to everything....

As good as I am in tanks? That's as BAD I am in the BF2 aircraft. I can get a helo more or less where I'm going, but with a jet, I basically have to bail. Dogfights? Forget it, not going to happen. Strafing the ground? Hello tree/hillock/friendly, here I come--Ka-BOOM!

Last night I hopped in a chinese jet just for kicks right before I left (after taking the transport helo for a spin and getting blown up by Hawkeye in a Cobra from the side, and trying unsuccessfully to gun for some guy in our gunship). I headed toward the carrier, dropped my speed a bit...and then realized I let too much bleed off. I slowly rode my glider into the sea, trying to hold "airspeed up" all the while.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

My only hope in killing someone in a dogfight would be that my amazing skillz make the enemy crack up so much that tears go into his eyes and he ends up crashing.
      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post

2. While dodging a Chinese jet I engage a Chinese attack helo.. Lot's of dodging and weaving and narrowly missing the ground...When I hear my gunner laughing his ass off. Apparently the Chinese jet collided with the Chinese helo.
        3. While trying to get a line on an AA emplacement I dodge weave.... and ...EJECT from the chopper LOL...

All in all I still got the helo skills just a bit rusty.... The other wierd thing is I forgot the keys.....to everything....
        Cant wait to gun for you again I forget alot of my keys too. I died 3 times in a row on the same wall because I could not remember my parachute key. And when I did find it I forgot how crappy it was.
        [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre View Post
          Cant wait to gun for you again I forget alot of my keys too. I died 3 times in a row on the same wall because I could not remember my parachute key. And when I did find it I forgot how crappy it was.

LOL I ad the same thing. Only this time I'm gunning the the cobra and we over fly where the Chinese helo spawns.. and its just sitting there. I yell to the pilot get me over there so I can nab it. He does... I bail and damn parachute key don't work.....felt so cheated.

Dude I'm like all giddy at the prospect of you gunning for me....I'm at work giggling like a girl.

Comment

5 Jets and a chopper...no waiting for bombs. It was a slaughter. I started feeling guilty when Bar started complaining. It was too much. Sorry Bar.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

The parachute key was/is number 9 right? What was the eject button? E? Heck, I forgot everything too. I'm gonna run to wally world right after work today and see if they have BF2. I hope so.

Comment

The default parachute key is 9. I always change mine to P.
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Yeah E is EJECT....sometimes when dodging things in the helo my finger would slip and ...Hey why is the chopper flying away?

Comment

My funny out-of-practice story of the day is this: I fell off a building today when I accidently hit my squad chat (apparently I reversed that and voice chat between BF2 and COD4), got disoriented trying to make the chat window go away, and walked right off. Because squad chat was still up, my attempts to hit the parachute looked something like: "squad chat: eewwwwwwwwwwwwww."

I also died more in a tank in the past two days than in the most recent two weeks back in the day. Doesn't help to have the 16 player version of Karkand and nearly half the active guys on the other side (4-5 total AT guys) are playing AT while both a tank and APC are out there.

On the really down side, I had a hard crash at one point. And it takes FOREVER to load this game now, much worse than back in the day despite having a much more powerful computer.

Still, it's fun, and it's great to work with squads again.

-Rand
                    Last edited by Rand{CLR}; 20 Mar 2008, 10:15 PM. Reason: Clarification
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

At one point it was 12 to 13. And we had 4 AFKs. 13 to 8 was tough.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

lol I was wondering why everyone was laughing at ya Mapes. I did see the plane collide with the helo though...that was classic.

Imp

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post

You can say that twice mapes lol..... Had fun on sharqi hehe

Comment

Follies FTW

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                              by Apache Warrior
                              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                            • Reply to 6 years
                              by Sirex
                              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                              Just hit 2.5K miles...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                              by Sirex
                              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                              by Sirex
                              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                              by Sirex
                              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                            Working...
                            X