Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with Installation

1.41 isnt sticking when I load it.

As an FYI, when you buy the complete colelction, it ships with the update in the BF2 folder under patches.

Despite this fact, when you deploy BF2 your version in the upper right only says 1.2something.

I downloaded 1.41 and redeployed the application and am getting the same results.

In addition to this problem, when you deploy the file via the normal executable - autoplay install that is- installshield does a process hang in addition to having a unique deployable that requires 2 things:

1) that you have access to the internet
    2) that on first call it makes contact with whatever server it is reaching out to handshake.

With ZoneAlarm, if you have it set up the way I do, you need to affirm each new handshake- otherwise there is no reason to have a firewall.

So my big problem here is that I am unwilling to unplug my firewall for the sake of Bf2.

Before my 2nd install I did let it go wild and it still crashed in the transition to the second install (Special Forces).

I got around this by manually installing from each folder the components for BF2, but again, it was without the firewall. As of right now, I cannot install BF2 thanks to the handshake issues.

Anyone have any ideas?

Well mne says 1.245 I think and I have 1.41 installed and it works fine...I think ur patch is good jus go on and connect to CLR server

Comment

can you set the game to run in a non full screen mode? ive had to do this with some games like doom3, they just locked-up my system when they hit the firewall. outside of full screen, all the firewall prompts act as usual.

Comment

while 1.41 updates, it is not reflected in the build shown on screen afterwards.
        At least not for me.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X