Who was playing late last night ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was playing late last night ??

Who was in our server around 1AM EDT last night???

Some map absolutely emptied us out, was anyone here in there who can tell me what map did that ??

In a short time we went from 30 players to 9 !!

http://www.game-monitor.com/bf2_Game...d-History.html

Is it possible that it was the fact that we're a new server again and it was late that caused the server to empty. The rotation gave us our highest player count so far and held it for quite a long time.

Comment

Absolutely, but when a server goes from 30+ to 9 the map is the issue there.

Comment

I finally addresed the load problem and got my app working correctly last night. When I joined it was about 8 vs 8 and that was at 11:30am.

We played for a fairly long time, but player fatigue factored into this equation.

There were about 5 people who all disconnected at the same time, and then it was 3 vs 3 for a good bit of time.

In the end Geddy and I had some fun TKing each other, until he disconnected at about 1:00am ET.

I played until 3am ET on random servers.

Comment

We were 30ish up until around 11 when several of us had to call it a night.

after that it looks like the remainder played a few rounds and then called it quits as well.

Comment

In observation of the packed servers of the late night (50-64 vs same), The one thing they all had in common was that there were less than 3 maps.

I suspect, being the noob that I am, the fairly LONG (and I mean LOOOOOOoooooooo (*Slap Tag In BlackArrow) OOOooooooooOOOO (**slap Tag In Cain) OOOOOooooooo ooooooooooOOO (*Slap Tag In Todd/GolfCaddy) OoooooooooOOOOooong (*slap tag Hammy back in) ooong load times factor into the population factors.

I also noticed that the more linear the map, the more people who played. I was on a China vs US later in the evening, mostly west coast players, and I noticed that people had very little patience and would leave quickly. This is the one with the carrier at the food of a river, several bases through the middle as well as on the left and right.

We need to continue to do surveys of map popularity and figure out what we might want to do in terms of mimic'ing that.

Comment

It was down to about 11-11ish when I dropped out at 11:30 lastnight. I was tired and it was time to pull the plug for the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by AngryHamster View Post
                In observation of the packed servers of the late night (50-64 vs same), The one thing they all had in common was that there were less than 3 maps.

I suspect, being the noob that I am, the fairly LONG (and I mean LOOOOOOoooooooo (*Slap Tag In BlackArrow) OOOooooooooOOOO (**slap Tag In Cain) OOOOOooooooo ooooooooooOOO (*Slap Tag In Todd/GolfCaddy) OoooooooooOOOOooong (*slap tag Hammy back in) ooong load times factor into the population factors.

I also noticed that the more linear the map, the more people who played. I was on a China vs US later in the evening, mostly west coast players, and I noticed that people had very little patience and would leave quickly. This is the one with the carrier at the food of a river, several bases through the middle as well as on the left and right.

We need to continue to do surveys of map popularity and figure out what we might want to do in terms of mimic'ing that.
                Your referring to Fu-She Pass or dragon valley. i think. i klnow the map though, and its a LONG map to play out.
                Last edited by darth_nevus; 21 Mar 2008, 11:47 AM. Reason: 'cuz

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                  by Apache Warrior
                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                • Reply to 6 years
                  by Sirex
                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                  by Sirex
                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                  by Sirex
                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                  by Sirex
                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                Working...
                X