While I can appreciate AFKs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I can appreciate AFKs

a couple of people sitting in the servers AFK, it gets REAL frustrating when the teams are GROSSLY unbalanced because 4 or 5 people are AFK ON THE SAME TEAM.

This happened just earlier today. The other team was stacked with active players, 8 or so, and ours had 3.

Come on guys, while I can appreciate trying to resurrect a dead game, this is ridiculous, it ends up emptying the server.

Geddy

ya this isn't fun :/
    [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
    You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

Very good point you have made geddy. Hopefully we can set auto balancing up soon.

Comment

Auto-balancing is enabled.

He is saying the player numbers are even but many of the AFK players are on the same team.

Comment

I just enabled the AFK kicker, that should help, but hopefully we have more than 8 before the AFKs get booted out.

Comment

Afk Ftw

Comment

yea i seen that problem with the AFK'er. it does help at one point to help fill up the server but not helping on the team side.
              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                Auto-balancing is enabled.

He is saying the player numbers are even but many of the AFK players are on the same team.
                That's odd because i've seen it go 9v5 even with the afk guys and nobody gets team switched.

Comment

Thanks Cain, AFK kicker should help a lot.

As I say, I am all for getting the server started up, but when an inordinate number of folks on the same team are AFK, it gets a bit one-sided.

Thanks folks for understanding!

Geddy

Comment

I'm sitting on the server now with Blackarrow to kick start.
                    ??Click me to donate??

Comment

It's an old game.

Even if the server is set to auto kick, the back end codes for BF2 is so old, it is what it is. Give Cain and the admins a break here fellas.

What you all need to do here, is spread the word on other forums like BF2s.com and Battletracker to get more people in the server, and not just CLRs. This will be a non-issue, once the server sees some good numbers.

So all in all, very good point, Geddy. And as a community, you guys all need to chip in, and get other people in the server. Like over xfire, your firends, via other forums, etc...

We're in the twilight years of BF2, and what we need here is to thank Cain, and help out. You all know how hard it is to get a server going. Nuff said.

Go get'em CLRs.

MCA

Comment

Thanks MCA for the words of wisdom.

Comment

MCA with words of wisdom, isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse !?!?!

(just teasing you MCA....)...

Comment

Well i can finally see the server on server list and it was half full so we are doin better we should not need people jump starting anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                              MCA with words of wisdom, isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse !?!?!

(just teasing you MCA....)...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X