Connect to IP loads 62%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect to IP loads 62%

I entered the I.P. address 70.86.24.12 and manually connected. It started downloading the map and got to 62% then froze. Anybody know what is going on with my setup here? I think it'd be easier for me to take a SS of my settings than try to tab back and forth .

Ok.. Exited the game, restarted the game, connected VIA the I.P. address.

I was kicked by punkbuster for Inadequate OS priveledges. I had this problem once before and had to create a new user on the XP machine. Can't imagine why it happens on Vista.... DUHHH. I'll see what I can find out.

Comment

I saw in another thread where someone updated punkbuster manually and didn't get kicked anymore.

I tried updating punkbuster with PBSETUP.exe and of course COD4 was the only thing there. I added the game Battlefield 2 and clicked on the BF2 selection and clicked on "Check for updates". The bar went about 3/4 the way and when it said :

I'm going to give it another shot but this loop doesn't look too promising. It just doesn't sit well with me.

Comment

Oh my god. Here is the answer, taken from extreme tech:
        I installed Battlefield 2 from the original release DVD, and it went pretty smoothly. There was a warning box that popped up in the beginning of the install stating that the game has only been tested on Windows XP (32-bit), but I simply clicked "OK" and moved on through the install process. After installation, I downloaded and applied the 1.41 patch, which worked without issue. Aha! Running Battlefield 2 and trying to join a server with the Punkbuster anti-cheating code enabled revealed our first big compatibility error. I was unceremoniously kicked from the server before even getting into the game, with a note that Punkbuster had inadequate OS privileges.I right-clicked the BF2 icon in the Games Explorer and chose "Customize," then chose to edit the Play options. This is like bringing up a Properties dialog box on a regular shortcut. I checked the "Run as Administrator" box and re-launched the game, and that cleared up the problem. That little fix allowed me to jump on any server with Punkbuster enabled, and it ran quite well at 1600x1200 with all the detail options cranked up
        Giving it a try.

NEGATORY!

The above did not work although I did actually get to the point where I saw the map.

QUESTION: I'm lookin at this thing and it SAID that it updated my game to version 1.41. Could someone tell me when you open your game and get to the login screen, down in the bottom left hand corner of your screen, tell me if you have this number: 1.1.2965-797.0
        This is probably irrelevant to the situation but I just wanna make sure that it is right. I don't see 1.41 anywhere.

SIGH....it's late and I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Comment

The very first time you play on line or after you change your video settings it will take an extra long time to load. It is optimizing shaders.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I got it working. I had forgotten to edit the shortcuts on the desktop and change the compatibility mode to Administrator.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X