Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF2 Widescreen Fixer

Click here and scroll down for usage.

Many if used this in the past and liked it since BF2 lacks true widescreen support...

http://imk.cx/pc/widescreenfixer/

Just extract the zip, place the program file anywhere you want and run it. You may start the program at any time, whether the game is already running or not.

http://imk.cx/pc/widescreenfixer/Wid...er_v1.41.1.zip

To use this program:
    For Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142, edit the shortcut and add: +widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200 (or whichever widescreen resolution you use).
    For Call of Duty 4, you must set the in-game aspect ratio to standard (4:3) for this to work correctly!

1. Start Widescreen Fixer.
    2. Select the game you will be playing.
    3. Select the aspect ratio of your monitor.
    4. Start the specific game.
    5. Use the Numpad * (v1.00 to v1.06), Right Control (v1.10), or ; (Semi-Colon) (v1.10.1 to v1.41.1) key to enable or disable the fix.

The update rate slider is in milliseconds. Set this to a low value for games like Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142 (Old Method). For the other games, it is safer to set the slider to 250ms to 500ms as it doesn't need to update so much.

============

Comparison of Extra Screen Area (Click image to magnify):

I had forgot about this Cain, even though i was the one that made the initial post during 2142. I presume PB never thought it was illegal to use?

Comment

it never got me booted, shame it does not fix the stretched mini map etc.
      Nothing it can do really.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
      ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

He states that you should use version 1.32 if you are using Punk Buster.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Usage:
          ------
          For Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142, edit the shortcut and add:
          +widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200 (or whichever widescreen resolution you use)

Can someone help me understand WHICH shorcut they are referring to in the readme?

Comment

The shortcut that you launch the game from. Start menu, desktop icon etc.

Comment

Right click on your shortcut and choose properties. Then edit the target line.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                I had forgot about this Cain, even though i was the one that made the initial post during 2142. I presume PB never thought it was illegal to use?
                The recommended version for use with PunkBuster servers is v1.32.

Comment

So does that mean we can't use it? I'd love to be able to get the extra peripheral vision! I have mine set to 1680x1050, and I didn't realize that I actually see less (left to right) than if it was set to 4:3!
                  [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

It is recommended- which means in my software world "Buster- we got troubles- and because we have no idea where they come from, and why they are intermittent, lets just recommend the most stable build."

I used this today and I got marvelous results with no problems, and I'm obviously on a more recent build.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                      The recommended version for use with PunkBuster servers is v1.32.
                      I was just checking considering the last i used it was over a year ago and PB classed it as "undecided".

Comment

Their comment:

# Regarding PunkBuster
                        I have been communicating with EA and EvenBalance over the use of this program. I've gotten responses from both that say this program is allowed on PunkBuster-enabled servers. It's not any kind of official announcement and the use of it is subject to change. In other words, this program is OK to use for now, but understand that you use this at your own risk. If anything changes regarding its usage, I will update here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                          Their comment:

# Regarding PunkBuster
                          I have been communicating with EA and EvenBalance over the use of this program. I've gotten responses from both that say this program is allowed on PunkBuster-enabled servers. It's not any kind of official announcement and the use of it is subject to change. In other words, this program is OK to use for now, but understand that you use this at your own risk. If anything changes regarding its usage, I will update here.
                          Still the same announcement then. Will make sure i use it from now on.

Comment

Sweet! I will be trying it tonight!
                            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                              by Apache Warrior
                              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                            • Reply to 6 years
                              by Sirex
                              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                              Just hit 2.5K miles...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                              by Sirex
                              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                              by Sirex
                              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                              by Sirex
                              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                            Working...
                            X