Commander Mutiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commander Mutiny

I remember back when I used to play more that there was a MUTINY button that would place a vote against the commander for not doing his job. What happened to the Mutiny button or is there some other way to do it now? We sure as heck needed it yesterday. A couple of us finally talked the guy into giving up the commander position.

I'm pretty sure it's been disabled by the server. Commander mutiny and vote kicking cause way to many problems.

Comment

Yes they do especially when u get asshats that want to start votes for no reason

Comment

We never had either of them running before.... its really annoying cause people just keep doing it and doing it until they get rid of all the good players or who ever the commander is. I think people tend to abuse it rather then properly use it.

Comment

Yeah I agree. The only thing is, the Commander is supposed to COMMAND instead of like the other day, where the commander was driving around the map WAY away from the action to get back to the enemy spawn. We had ONE SINGLE UAV the whole round and NOTHING else. That really annoys me. I'd rather play and shoot and such, but if the commander is not doing his job then it makes a WIN nearly impossible. At which point, I usually try to assume the command position... but they don't usually care about giving it up. This same guy who was the commander was placing C4 on all the vehicles at spawn and blowing up our jeeps and APC. Gets my blood boiling... In my opinion those who do that should be BANNED!

Comment

We have rules about the commander, Flying, driving, tanking (Except a few that can tank and command at the same time). Commanders should be commanding. Flying and commanding will can get you kicked.
            A change of Pace.
            "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Well, I haven't seen anyone get kicked for it. It happens almost every other round when I am on. Then there are other commanders who will open the command screen and drop supplies where THEY are and repair their tank/APC/whatever instead of listening to the whole team which is usually begging for supplies or reinforcememts.

Comment

Nobody is getting kicked/banned at the moment. We always have no rules when we're trying to get the server populated. Once it's up and running to capacity the rules start to be enforced.

edit: We are watching though, and the trash will still be cleaned out if necessary.
                Last edited by juneau; 24 Mar 2008, 10:56 PM.

Comment

+1 I don't really hope to see people starting to get kicked... in fact i'm opposed to it, unless they are ....as we define asshatting. I would just like to see admins on the server at the time to at least deal with some of the complaints.... WHICH I HAVE TO SAY not many so far. There have only been two people that I have seen that deserve to be warned by an admin. Warning usually takes care of the problem, but kicking is a little extreme because they usually aren't paying attention anyway.

Comment

Vote kicking and mutiny never worked anyway. Every time I've ever seen them tried, you may eventually hit the number it needed, but then that number would increase.

Flying/commanding was the only rule in BF2 for us with regard to commanding while in vehicles. Ground vehicle/commanding was not a rule. Reason being was the time it takes to open and use the command screen. You've got plenty of time sitting in a vehicle, or stopping as you journey from place to place. Try that in a jet, and you crash. Which meant that jet and helo commanders just about never responded to anything or used assets proactively.

-Rand
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

edit: sorry, just saw rands post

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X