BF2 newcomer squad - Wednesday pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF2 newcomer squad - Wednesday pm

I'm volunteering to start up a squad for the new people who just picked up BF2 this Wednesday night in the evening (6pm-10pm EST approx).

The main purpose is to help you guys out. We will not be the tactically best squad, we will not get the most points. The two things we will have are the most deaths and probably the funnest time.

Just plan on learning the ropes, running around in a fun environment, without the typical pressures of being in other squads of having to perform the right task at the right time.

We will be taking flags, we will be blowing up the enemy UAV and arty, we will be attempting to take down some enemy armor (lets just hope Rand is not in it). We will try out some different classes, sometimes spawn all as the same, sometimes as whatever you want.

Its an open invitation to anyone here.

To make for a better experience, please try and have your VOIP setup. The VOIP is within the squad only, so no need to worry about stupid questions.
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

We'll need an admin on to juggle the field.

As it is, I cannot switch teams for some reason and I'd likely end up on the wrong team.

Count me in at 8PM EST

Comment

We'll make do... I'll keep switching teams until we can meet up if no one is on to switch us around.

Try and go MEC / Chinese

Comment

Don't tempt me ... I still have a ways to go in CoD4 to say that I'm done with that, and I hate having to choose between 2 games.

I won't touch BF2 with a 10' pole unless someone offers what you just did, Twink. I've read a few BF2 threads, and our veterans are just so hardcore I can't even begin to understand it. So I'm able to ignore the hoopla and go on my merry way, but your invitation is a verrrry nice way to help out the rookies.

I commend you for the effort, and you may even find me on there if I can remember which PC that I installed BF2 on ...
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

You are welcome anytime WT.

Even if I am on and you pop on, let me know and i'll form up a newcomer squad

Comment

i really wish i could join in on this, but im a second shifter.....

think you could hold one of these training sessions late night or on a slow weekend?

even if i cant participate, you get much respect for doing this for us poor noobs

Comment

Man, I miss sniping in that game so much. Some rounds I would go 20-0. Never a shot fired my way. That is how I like it.
              The Type-88 owns.

Comment

Its not really a training session, just a way to learn the ropes...nothing serious. Its always easier in a more relaxed environment.

Whats your schedule like? Any time I am on, just ask and we can form a squad.
                Depending on my next day work calendar, I don't mind staying up a bit later to meet up. Or maybe we can set something on the weekends, but I try and not game as much on the weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSnake View Post
                  Man, I miss sniping in that game so much. Some rounds I would go 20-0. Never a shot fired my way. That is how I like it.
                  The Type-88 owns.
                  Please keep posts on topic

Comment

yeah, yeah. You should take them around and show them some good spots too. And ways to flank some of those good spots. It was always fun sneaking around the bridge on Karkand and gunning down all the guys defending it, not even looking at you.
                    And show them how to use the missile launchers. How you can move it.
                    Teach em about flanking and cool military stuff like that.

Comment

Plenty of things to see. But the main part is not a top down teaching method where I just make them run around and point things out.

Its an opportunity to get to play a game without all the added pressures of not knowing what you are doing and allowing people to have guided learning, where you learn at your own pace (or somewhat faster) while being guided and not necessarily taught. You need to get a feel for how the game is played before you get down to the detailed tactics. Once people get a feel, then they can usually join a CLR squad and learn tactics on their own.

Who knows.. it will be what it will be. Could be a recurring thing, could be something that lasts 10 mins. I'm flexible that way

I kinda did the same thing in WoW for some of the new people to get them kickstarting and going in the right direction

Comment

Dang I would love too be there lord no's I need the help but I have too work that night Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Don't worry Todd, its not a one time offer. I'd love to get a full squad of new people, so we can all die together, but I do not mind doing this each night I am on.

Whats your schedule like? I can make myself free every Monday and Wednesday from 6:00pm to 9:00pm EST for sure, and the other nights, time is not as easy to come by but I can probably free some up.

Are you free tonight? I should be on around 7:00pm, maybe 8:00pm.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
                            Don't worry Todd, its not a one time offer. I'd love to get a full squad of new people, so we can all die together, but I do not mind doing this each night I am on.

Whats your schedule like? I can make myself free every Monday and Wednesday from 6:00pm to 9:00pm EST for sure, and the other nights, time is not as easy to come by but I can probably free some up.

Are you free tonight? I should be on around 7:00pm, maybe 8:00pm.

I will be there tonight.

Comment

Sounds like a cool idea.

Although we love to play with a full {CLR} Squad ......it is just as much fun to split up and have a good {CLR} as Squad leader in many squads !!

I will be on for sure after 8:00pm feel free to join the CLR SPC OP Squad.
                              We will focus on sneaking around and blowing up assets and Rand ohhh I mean tanks !!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X