Got the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the game

I got the game and installing as i speak, what is the ip adress of the server and i could use some tips

CainsLair.com =BF2= Ranked !!
    IP: 70.86.24.12:16567

Comment

Aussie in da house !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

#1 Kill the other team before they kill you.
        #2 Try not to team kill your team mates. Last night I tossed a grenade down the stairwell, on Sharqui, and killed 4 of my squad.
        I should have warned them first. In my defense, I threw it before they started down.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Awesome!
          There is a sticky thread in the BF2 forum that has some hints and tips.

I should be on tonight from 6pm EST to about 9pm EST (not sure on time conversion for you...) willing to help out any new comers.
          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Hope ro see u on the field

Comment

Yay, more CLRs to shoot me.

Comment

IF you play commander, don't drop arty on your team. And if you drop arty and they all run to the location and get killed. Oh well....

Comment

sorry guys my my game hates me takes 20 minutes to get into a game that kicks me. takes at least 10 minutes to log in. i might not bother

Comment

Originally posted by SUB_ZERO View Post
                    sorry guys my my game hates me takes 20 minutes to get into a game that kicks me. takes at least 10 minutes to log in. i might not bother
                    Is there a message that is telling you how you got kicked? Also after you change video settings or start with a reload you have to "optimize you shaders" this adds time to the load but it only needs to be done once. You can also remove the startup videos if you want to.
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

If your computer is slower / older, you want want to look at the graphics/video settings and tweak them to make things faster.

And as Duke said, each change in the video settings requires a loooong reload time as things are calculated and optimized. So don't take your first load time as the normal load time.

It takes me a min or two to get in game. When I'm in, the game has already started, people are running around and some flags are usually capped or on their way to being capped.
                      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                        #1 Kill the other team before they kill you.
                        #2 Try not to team kill your team mates. Last night I tossed a grenade down the stairwell, on Sharqui, and killed 4 of my squad.
                        I should have warned them first. In my defense, I threw it before they started down.
                        Apache
                        Thanks for the revive points Apache!

Comment

I had a horrendous hard crash while playing the other day that wiped my settings. Luckily, unlike COD4, the player info is kept on the master server, so I didn't lose my unlocks.

But the side effect was that load times are insanely fast now compared to almost 5 minutes before that crash. I would suggest that if people have really long load times, they look at wherever the config/settings are stored and start clearing stuff out. There's probably some sort of cache folder around that must have really slowed things down.

-Rand
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

YES it is WORKING and it is the best game in them world if you STAY
                            IN YOUR SQUAD

I found that the patch did not install properly and it fixed my logging in problems, i still have MASSIVE amounts of time trying to "Find client data" but i'm pretty sure thats just my Ping+internet out to get me.

I Use special forces, Sniper, Medic and i'm trying to get into another.

Thanks for the tips greatly appreciated, anymore tips and i'd be even more happy Keep it up guys

And on other thing, i really think rand is right about the config. Mine is working a bit faster but i cleared the slightest bit out of the folder.

Comment

It takes fooooorrrrreeeeeveeerrrrr for my game to verify client data. Its still worth it though. My tips for you is to use Medic until you can get your first unlock. You can get the most points that way. For me I think that anti-tank is the best kit for our server. The mp5 is great and the first unlock, the DAO-12, is amazing for close combat. There is tons of armor in all the maps, so that is why I think that. Besides that the best tip I can give is to always squad up and talk a lot.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X