Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Spawn Camping

And absolutely no raping Uncaps !!!!!!

Remember we are trying to build up the server. Uncap raping is a sure way to drive players away. We went from 60 players down to 30 on Dalian Plant because of Carrier camping.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I know.

By the time the next map started up, it was 11 vs 11. We went from a full server down to 22 players because of that. We got a good game going next round and had some fun, but it drove most of the people away.

Comment

Should take plant rate out of the roto... the past 2 mornings we have been stuck on that map and it takes forever to get people to come in and play on it.

Comment

i cant help but ask, what the heck is "raping Uncaps"?

Comment

Originally posted by Warhead View Post
            i cant help but ask, what the heck is "raping Uncaps"?
            It's constantly attacking an uncapturable base, like the Airfield or the Carrier on Dalian Plant... Seeing as you have nowhere else to spawn, the other team can generally wipe you out as soon as you spawn and it turns into free points for one team and hugely disappointing for the raped team... generally makes people quit

Comment

The gas station on Karkand is the best example. We had several instances back when the game was first run where the MEC would make it back there, steal all the U.S. armor, and spawn camp the uncap with 2 tanks, 4 APCs, a bunch of infantry, and a bunch of jeeps. People couldn't even get a single shot off when they spawned.

This is not fun for people, and it definitely drives them away. It got to the point where this behavior was outright banned.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Making your way to the uncaps to steal vehicles or blow up assets is fine... just as long as you get the heck out after you do what you do.

On Shaqui, I made my way to the arty, blew it up, stole the tank, drove it to the copter spawn, destroyed the assets, blew up the copter, and left.

That is typically acceptable behavior. Had I just stayed there in my tank and kept killing people as they spawned, well, that would of been being an asshat.
                [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Yeah- no fun.

You spawn on the deck and some jerk-oh comes by carpet bombing.

There should be a no fly zone around that carrier- its just not fair.

Comment

this is me moedoa,i played last night,my own team members killed me,every time i spawn i died,i guess DOA fits me.Im going to stay at it,but if this keeps up where my team is killing me,then i dont see much future in BF2 for me.Last night i got pissed off,im not like that at all,im very happy and go lucky,but last night i dont know why but i got very pissed off,and didnt say goodby to anybody and just quit......thy....moe.

Comment

How was your team killing you? you need to be careful around friendly vehicles as if you step in front of a moving one, it will run you over and kill you.

If you are running as infantry and you are in the middle of the street, you may get run over by a friendly vehicle.

If they are constantly shooting you (team kills), then please take down their names and report them.
                      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

I think it is safe to say that when some are trying to jumpstart a server, and prospective players enter the server and see repeated teamkilling going on, the players are not likely to be interested in hanging around.

Comment

I'm kinda torn about Dalian Plant. It can be a lot of fun, but if you're on the US side and can't get a foothold it can really suck. I think it is one of the hardest to shift the balance on unless you have a really good Cobra pilot.
                          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
                            I'm kinda torn about Dalian Plant. It can be a lot of fun, but if you're on the US side and can't get a foothold it can really suck. I think it is one of the hardest to shift the balance on unless you have a really good Cobra pilot.

I'm sure me or Hawkeye will volunteer....

Comment

can we replace it with Daqing for the jet lovers?

or fu She pass? or songhua?!?!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X