Joystick for Jets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joystick for Jets?

What's a good and fairly cheap one thats pretty easy to use but will last? I am thinkin of pickin one up tomorrow I wanna see what its like to fly jets

I like the wireless Logitech Freedom. No wires is sweet so you can stick it out of the way when you aren't using it.

Comment

like 30 bucks

Comment

I been using the Saitek Pro from wal mart for the last 3 years. It works really nice especially for the 19.95 price tag.

I hate wireless anything.

Comment

I just got a Saitek X52 stick and throttle to replace my worn-out X45. They are great but they ain't cheap. I only use it for Flight Sim X. I still use keyboard and mouse for BF2.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. It works pretty well, and it is pretty cheap I think. Unfortunately, It doesn't work correctly after I install the Belkin N52 software. I don't know if this is just a problem with this joystick, all Logitech joysticks, or joysticks in general. Really sucks, because I used to use a joystick to fly jets in BF2. Now I don't even have it hooked up.
            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I was using the Sidewinder Pro, but it broke recently. I think it might have been Cain and I trying to fly SF last week
              [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
              Like the community? Donate here:
              [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Alright after lookin up some, I decided on the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro...

Do you have to reset all buttons for flight in game and reset them to joystick or is it automatic?

Comment

You have to reset all the controls in the game.

Comment

I still use a Sidewindwe Forcefeedback Pro.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro 2 is probably the best for the money right now.

It uses electric motors instead of springs for the force feedback(N/A in BF2) and "return to center."

Smoothest joystick I've ever used. You can't buy one new, but you can find a bunch on ebay for around $20~$30.

My last one was a custom built Trustmaster HOTAS. Around $300 at the time of my purchase. Solid metal casing, and full customizable button mapping. Possibly the most complete joystick I've ever had(before I snapped it in half), but useless without rudder(sold separately).

MCA

Comment

I'm still using my Sidewinder Pro also heh. Not that that'll help ya Nail. I haven't seen one in a store in years lol.

Imp

Comment

Actually MCA, I forgot it is a 2.
                          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by The_Needle View Post
                            I like the wireless Logitech Freedom. No wires is sweet so you can stick it out of the way when you aren't using it.
                            Bingo. i couldn't even fly a heli yesterday but not i am just about average with all flying vehicles. (Yes Hawkeye, i did it)

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
                              I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.
                              +1
                              A change of Pace.
                              "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X