Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real J-10

Hyping the J-10

The International Herald Tribune has a lengthy report today on China's newest fighter jet, the J-10. The article hypes the plane, or at least the headline does--"China adds jet fighter that rivals world best." Still, comparisons with the Eurofighter Typhoon and the Dassault Rafale don't really warrant such bold claims. Those planes are not stealth, which means they simply aren't survivable on the modern battlefield--one expert said of the Eurofighter, it's "the perfect design for returning a radar signature." Still, the J-10 might match up fairly well against the F-16s of the Taiwanese air force:

Lin Chong-pin, president of a research institute based in Taipei, the Foundation on International and Cross- Strait Studies, said Taiwan's advantage "is getting narrower and narrower."
    "At the moment it is just in balance," added Lin, a former deputy defense minister in the governing Democratic Progressive Party. "If Taiwan doesn't do anything, it will tip in favor of the PLA air force."
    To counter the threat, Taiwan wants to buy more F-16 fighters from the United States, but most analysts believe it is unlikely that the Bush administration will agree to this request while the island's legislature continues to block funding for an earlier arms order.

The Weekly Standard Feb.8, 2007

WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I hate J-10's with a passion. So unfair how unmatched they are compared to F-35's.

Comment

I wish I could shoot down planes with 1 shot of my pistol like they do in the movies...
      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

What I hate (and it doesn't really apply to our server) is how crappy they made the F-15. It is sooooo slow, especially for a fighter that was designed just for air superiority. If they want to talk about a good radar return, that is the plane, even over the typhoon or J-10 (which looks remarkably like a rip off of the typhoon in the same way as the F-86 sabre was a rip off of the mig-15 except the canards are bigger and the delta wing is slightly smaller).

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
          I wish I could shoot down planes with 1 shot of my pistol like they do in the movies...
          How about with a car? Think Bruce Willis.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
            Apache
            "Woah, did you see that ?" "Yeah kid, I did it."

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
              Apache
              Now THAT is thinking outside the box!
              [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
              So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

That explains why i can't fly it then!!!!

Comment

I hope the next BF2 patch gives us the F22 Raptor.

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE View Post
                    I hope the next BF2 patch gives us the F22 Raptor.
                    Next BF2 Patch??? Dream on

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X