Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funest mapI ever lost

Or....what happens if you have one team comprised of helo pilots

Just played Sharqi today with Geddy, Hawkeye and a guy named Mikeg. We pretty much lost the map but, ruled the skies. Hawkeye and Geddy kept the the stolen Cobra aloft forever it seemed....When it went down Mike and I were like Cobra Valet service. One of us would hop out and steal it..... There is something so cool about flying in formation with another Helo. The radio was alive with chatter of this AA emplacement or that Humvee active or down. Both pilots calling out targets and both helos backing each other up.... We lost the map by 200 points but, man thats the funnest I've had yet. Our poor commander was all alone trying to take flags....Sorry sir....

lol.
    That does sound really fun. I did the same thing once, but no formations. We couldnt get the other chopper to come with us.

Comment

No it was a GREAT map. We may have lost ticket wise but the lowest guy on our team beat the highest on there team by 9 points I felt bad for the poor guys truing to shoot us down as they would lock onto one chopper, fire their missiles, severely cripple it, and then the other would swoop in and nuke them while the first goes back to base to rearm/repair

Comment

That is always amazing. Hawkeye, me, Minfootball, and I think you snake all did that once. It is amazing. For the record if we do that again i can land now .

Comment

Thats awesome news joe, it was really hard stealing thier chopper when you couldn't really fly

Comment

That was a blast,... I was laughing hysterically several times during that map as we strafed and nuked AA emplacements and vehicles.

Too funny.

I got a gold medal for a round that we lost!

Geddy

Comment

I'm just glad the other team won to kind of make up for that aerial assault. We weren't having any fun at all on Sharqi tonight because we weren't able to keep the helo down, we didn't have a pilot most of the round, and they had a good squad out there taking flags back when we got them.

In the end we just gave up, let them have our city (it was smelly and in need of massive infrastructure repair anyways), and went to hang out in the club house of our awesome sea-side golf resort. Then Juneau and I played King of the Mountain.

Here's Juneau showing off the benefits of the model 2008 Vodniks. They're hybrids, don't ya know?

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Haha you guys retreated to the club house only because we forced you to.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                  I'm just glad the other team won to kind of make up for that aerial assault. We weren't having any fun at all on Sharqi tonight because we weren't able to keep the helo down, we didn't have a pilot most of the round, and they had a good squad out there taking flags back when we got them.
                  -Rand
                  I think that that "Pilot" your referring to is me , and BTW you really made me work to take out your tank. When you keep turning and driving down narrow side streets its hard to line up shots for me or my gunner , but its alright mapes and I got you and Massacre in the end (Several Times Actually) By the end of the round I was disappointed that you guys were no longer in the armour. As your replacements were just too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye426 View Post
                    I think that that "Pilot" your referring to is me , and BTW you really made me work to take out your tank. When you keep turning and driving down narrow side streets its hard to line up shots for me or my gunner , but its alright mapes and I got you and Massacre in the end (Several Times Actually) By the end of the round I was disappointed that you guys were no longer in the armour. As your replacements were just too easy.
                    No, actually. You would be the "pilot" who switched sides at the start of the round to use the Cobra. We didn't have anyone on our side who could fly very well, so we didn't bother getting our helo in the air much.

Moving around in those streets was the only way to extend tank life. Most of the time I couldn't even see you, let alone hit you, so much of that was my best guess based off reload times on when I could expect the next TV shot, and best estimate on where your helo ended up after the last run. I did knock your bird out of the air once, but I was seldom able to get into a position to both see you and have a shot at you. There's fewer spots for that in the west half of the map than in the east. You made the squad's round though; they had a lot of fun taking you and your gunner out after you bailed on that flaming jalopy.

Re: Razi. Sorry dude, you can't exactly "force" us back to clubhouse. We have three spawns, and that's the furthest one away. Unless you want the APC, there's no real need to spawn there. Also, we were getting flags, but just didn't feel like running back and forth all round. We just went off to have fun.

-Rand
                    Last edited by Rand{CLR}; 1 Apr 2008, 09:05 AM. Reason: Typo
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Ohh how the mighty have fallen.... Literally.

The last shot I thought was really funny, when I was shooting hawkeyes corpse, Devilguns took advantage and nuked me with a rocket. Lmao.
                      [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post

In the end we just gave up, let them have our city (it was smelly and in need of massive infrastructure repair anyways), and went to hang out in the club house of our awesome sea-side golf resort. Then Juneau and I played King of the Mountain.

Here's Juneau showing off the benefits of the model 2008 Vodniks. They're hybrids, don't ya know?

-Rand
                        That was fun! Never knew how high you could go up on the hillside over there.

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post

Just played Sharqi today with Geddy, Hawkeye and a guy named Mikeg. ...
                          That would be me.

Comment

In my defense, that was before I re-learned how to aim my gun (I'm still not quite there). I saw you guys, and was shooting... and shooting... and shooting... and eating dirt.

Hehe. Good times. I'll definitely be hopping on this evening.

I'll just need to remember to bring a barf bag the next time I gun for Hawkeye.

Comment

Originally posted by SighKoPath View Post
                              I'll just need to remember to bring a barf bag the next time I gun for Hawkeye.
                              Oddly enough your not the first gunner I've had to tell me that....

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X