• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Servers empty

It's 8:00pm pst and it's empty...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

crap I'm BBQing right now then I was gonna jump in

Comment

I couldnt believe how empty the server was. I'm thinking SF full time might be a better option for server popularity.
      [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

927PM PST and its still empty.

Just got home Its a wash I guess- zzzzZZZZzzz

Comment

It's been slow all day today. Didn't have more than 12 people at any time between 6:30 and 10 EST

Comment

It was empty all day. I was playing from about 2-7 and from 11-now. I checked after every round and the highest i saw was 3 people. I was very disappointed. I enjoy playing with you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre View Post
              I couldnt believe how empty the server was. I'm thinking SF full time might be a better option for server popularity.

+1

Comment

I think it will also, since the good SF servers are rarer, but it will take several weeks to get her going....

Ill try flipping her to SF Saturday night or early Sunday AM, but we will have to work as hard or harder to attract and keep new players.....

Comment

I hopped in for a few hours last night and the {CLR}s that were already there started to leave after a while. We need to group together and stick it out like the past few weeks when jumpstarting.

Comment

Well, it did give me a chance to practice my heli gunner skills (and boy do I need practice) with Apache as my pilot!

Had some good rounds with 4v4 and 5v5 yesterday, which makes you use different strategies.
                    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

And Twinky did not laugh at my flying skills. Or lack there of. :
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Let's have a nice healthy mix of maps/armies on SF. I'd like to see each army get at least one map so we can get purty ribbons.

We've got to have some infantry only squads running around with grapple and zip, going nuts on the rooftops. Great fun.

-Rand

P.S. Speaking of lack of flying skills, I surprised myself that I was able to keep a Z-10 in the air and proper position long enough for whoever my gunner was to TV the enemy cobra on Dalian the other day. Best part? That was Hawkeye's bird.
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I've held my tongue on what I am about to say but I think it's time to say it.
                          The chopper rapings are wearing me thin and I see the same thing with our visitors.

Try to not take this personally, as when the server was empty and I was finally able to play with the copter without someone's own ego stroke getting away, I understood why you like flying them.

Nothing ruins my fun more, however, then when we can't simply have a battle because 2 guys in attack choppers fly in and rip the place up. I've seen people leave after just a few minutes with one of our elite pilots.

The other thing is that on the map with the carrier, despite our conversations, people in here STILL strafe the carrier. We spawn, we get into the plane or copter, and then they fly by and blow us up on the pad.

Then there is the take off and get 4 feet from the carrier and get TV'd. MORE fun. And that's just more fun than anyone can handle- given that these same pilots have a methodology that pretty much allows them to run a pattern:

1) take off at hangar with buddy
                          2) drop off buddy down peninsula (let him parachute to other copter)
                          3) launch rockets at lifting off planes and helo's
                          4) turn and run back- pick up gunner
                          5) spin back around and strafe the carrier again
                          6) then do your housekeeping at a few flags
                          7) repair
                          rinse lather repeat

At which point I pretty much log out for an hour- and if one of my other games dont catch my attention I will be back.
                          If you are still reading this, think about what our other "customers" are like. They want to play BF2 and they dont care where they do it....do you think they log out like I do? NO!! They go to another server, and if they get a pleasant experience they STAY there. In the meantime, they remember our server as the Copter Hoar server and will avoid it like plague.

Take what I am saying for what it is worth and allow me to just say that its not fun when we have this going on. It's only fun for the two people in the copters and that is it.

Comment

24/7 Kark IO

SF

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre View Post
                              I couldn't deal with SF full time but how about Project Reality, its a GREAT mod, a ton of teamwork is involved, there are less asshats (Game Structure) for instance if you TK someone for a special kit and try to pick it up you auto die, no more kit theifs

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X