X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Notre Dame Football

Nuff Said....

Whiskey,

Sorry for your misery. Here is the part that always stumps me. Teams like Notre Dame, Michigan and Penn State recruit the same exact kids. They are all from the same geographic region (mostly), the same high school all stars, the same size and speed. All three schools have great coaches with very experienced staff.

So what is it that makes one team of players of the same caliber just fall apart? Is it bad chemistry or no team cohesion? Something is going on behind the scenes because everything else is roughly equal.

Comment

GO ILLINI

Comment

I think in ND's case. They are just a young team. Jimmy Clausen is going to be good, some day. He was called the LeBron James of High School football. The O line, which is the biggest problem has 3 sophomores and 3 new starters. ND's class of 2008 is supposed possible #1 in the nation.

You can only recruit on tradition for so long. Why would someone come to cold, lame, South Bend, Indiana and play for average ND team, when you could go to Florida and win championships, and lay on beach full of bikinis?

Comment

lol. part of their fault qas their primary QB just disappeared. up and left to another college. that, and hiking the football over the qb's head to the 1 yard line. lol.

Comment

I wouldnt call Jone's primary Sharpley and Clausen are better than him. He just saw that the ship was sinking and got out.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X