Clear All

Think I'm done with BF2

First CoD4 imo is way better

then it takes forever to load
    I cant get in half the time
    I cant stay in whebn I get in
    It lags a TON

I think it rocks but I can't play it

Well I think BF2 is waaaay better boooyahh!!

sorry you couldn't get it working right. Yeah it does take a while to load a map, usually 1-2 min for me.
    [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

U have to remember BF takes up ALLOT more resources...to get better quality try closing any background programs u might be running and lower ur settings a bit

Comment

put all your setting on low, in my opinion bf2 is one of those games where you can play on low settings and still enjoy every lil thing about it.

Comment

I really doubt that Naillik has a PC that can't run BF2.

It does take a while to load. But it's still not 'too' long. Mine takes roughly 40 seconds.

Can't get in? Are you getting PB errors?
          Can't stay in? I presume again it's a PB issue?
          Lag? Try a trace route to the server. I've not lagged once since starting to play BF2 again. It's could possibly be something on your end and not the server.

Comment

+1 I think he may be experiencing video lag instead of connection lag. Running background processes will cause video lag, just like an airstrike does in COD4. Google for any unknown processes and see what they are, if you need them, and close them out respectively. Bump your video settings down a bit and see what you get then.

Comment

One of the biggest causes of lag in BF2 is having less than 2 gigs of Ram.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Mine used to lag a ton, but I kinda fixed it. What I do is close down EVERYTHING that is not ABSOLUTELY necessary. This includes all anti-virus and even windows explorer. Granted it still lags for me because I have a crappy laptop, but it lags FAR less than it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                  One of the biggest causes of lag in BF2 is having less than 2 gigs of Ram.
                  Apache
                  +1

Comment

i always lag in the beginning of each round for about 2mins then it goes back to normal and that only happens when i play here.
                    Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by RuThLeSsKiLLa View Post
                      i always lag in the beginning of each round for about 2mins then it goes back to normal and that only happens when i play here.
                      That's because we're special.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                        1. I really doubt that Naillik has a PC that can't run BF2.

2. It does take a while to load. But it's still not 'too' long. Mine takes roughly 40 seconds.

3. Can't get in? Are you getting PB errors?
                        4. Can't stay in? I presume again it's a PB issue?

5. Lag? Try a trace route to the server. I've not lagged once since starting to play BF2 again. It's could possibly be something on your end and not the server.
                        1. Right-o

2. Mine takes 5 minutes on average

3. Can't get in as in, takes 5 minutes to load then will disconnect me when I press join game. Not PB.

4. Can't stay in as in when I occasionally do get in it's for less than a minute before I am kicked (Can't remember the message, haven't tried in a while).
                        I've manually updated PB, done all that numerous times and it's all worked, just some new problem that's popped up, but PB isn't the issue as far as I know.

5. I'm sure it's something on my end (it always is) but if thats the case it's nothing I'm going to be able to fix for some time now.

I'm not sure if I have 2 gigs or 4 gigs of ram, but it lags either way.

All my settings are on low-medium, but before I could play with them all on high with 0 lag

I close background tasks & processes before playing any game...

Comment

Reinstall?????????????
                          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I have 4 gigs, and it still takes me 5 minutes to load, so don't feel like the lone stranger.
                            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Mine takes like literally 5 minutes to get past the client data but apart from that everything runs fine.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X