Would you come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you come back?

A question for all of you who have quit: would you play again if we ran some IO? As has been suggested before, we should run ONE infantry only map, just to see how well it does. The biggest problem with our server really is the jets and helos. We have some amazing pilots on our server, to the point where infantry and even armor has no chance. If we had no air vehicles to pin everyone down with, there would also be virtually no base rape or spawn rape because the infantry can spread out better. This may upset some people, but that is why you keep like Dalian, so that people can get the jet AND helo fix for the night, but just the one map. I really think it would help a ton.

On a similar note, would the pilots still play on Cain's if we were to move to IO?

What about having Dalian or some other fly map there but at much bigger intervals compared to other maps?
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
      On a similar note, would the pilots still play on Cain's if we were to move to IO?

What about having Dalian or some other fly map there but at much bigger intervals compared to other maps?
      That is the idea i've been thinking of for a while now. My ideal setup would be...

Kark
      Sharqui
      Kark
      Sharqui
      Dalian

Rinse and repeat.

Comment

I would rather play Mashtur City than Dalian Plant.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I would rather pierce my own organ with a soup spoon than to be stuck playing kark every other map. There's just something about that city ... the color of it... makes my throat dry.

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE View Post
            I would rather pierce my own organ with a soup spoon than to be stuck playing kark every other map. There's just something about that city ... the color of it... makes my throat dry.
            All those in favour of Mike piercing his own organ with a soup spoon say "I"?

[this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
            So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
              I would rather play Mashtur City than Dalian Plant.
              Apache
              meh we need at least one air map

(with jets etc)

Karkand is fun, Sharqi, prolly one of my favs, with the helo and all But it is also fun for squads on the ground, so I vote for Sharqi too
              [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

What about Road to Jalalabad ?? This map can be palyed as IO only or with viehicles... one thing more - NO HELIS and NO JETS
                Or we can try to play on Higway Tampa - lots of armor, some jets and helis... something for everyone

Comment

im down for any map that has ground vehicle only. transport chopper is accepted.

I/O is good too.
                  Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

The problem I have with the 64p maps that have jets is they are just too dang small. I like the few maps that are enormous enough that the jets overhead have to actually search for objects on the ground all while avoiding the incoming fire from any direction, and other planes. The oil fields and one other large map are my favorite maps on BF2, since there is enough space that you can't drop a payload from a jet and nearly hit two capture points. I can't remember the name of the other big map. It seems like time is of the essence and being able to take off and fly a chopper for less than 10 seconds till your first target is the real issue. If the points were spread out more like on the larger maps, then it would give the other team time to regroup and prepare for that next incoming chopper run.

Comment

Guys remember, like I've told you.

We do not have a large enough Community to get a server busy running a game several years old.

When our BF2 server was No1 in the world we had approximately 18,000 players cycling through it every month, and we only have about 20 BF2 players here - so we simply do not have the numbers to keep a server busy, because our Community is not large enough.

I'm planning to try our Project Reality, it is FREE, and the aircraft do not dominate it as much because:

1) You have to have a pilot kit to fly, and
                      2) the aircraft after being shot down do not respawn for something like 10-15 minutes....

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE View Post
                        The problem I have with the 64p maps that have jets is they are just too dang small. I like the few maps that are enormous enough that the jets overhead have to actually search for objects on the ground all while avoiding the incoming fire from any direction, and other planes. The oil fields and one other large map are my favorite maps on BF2, since there is enough space that you can't drop a payload from a jet and nearly hit two capture points. I can't remember the name of the other big map. It seems like time is of the essence and being able to take off and fly a chopper for less than 10 seconds till your first target is the real issue. If the points were spread out more like on the larger maps, then it would give the other team time to regroup and prepare for that next incoming chopper run.
                        1+ A big reason that people complain about jets and aircraft is because the maps are too small. The other thing we should try is PR.

Comment

oops cain posted just before me.. BTW whats the ETA on PR?

Comment

I need to fulfill my financial commitments on the Ranked BF2 server. The day I put up PR it will choke what little life there is left in BF2 out.... Let me see what I can do.....

Stay tuned...

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                              2) the aircraft after being shot down do not respawn for something like 10-15 minutes....
                              Well that's a plus. From the first time they're shot down till the next plane spawns will give a few of our pilots time to be completely drunk.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X