Why don't the just....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't the just....

Why don't game companies just update 10 year old games and roll them out again with new graphic/physics? So many companies are afraid to try something new they copy what 10 other guys are doing right now anyway. Why not update proven winners and skip the risk.I would love to play Tie Fighter or Red Baron on todays machines. How about M1 Tank Platoon. I would happily take identical game play for some of those old awesome games.

I actually loaded up Red Baron 3D this week to see what it would do. The enemy planes basically screamed around the sky like jet fighters while my plane barrel rolled and face planted at the slightest touch of the controls. Looked like crap btw.

Think about it. Baldurs Gate. Gold box D&D. Diablo. And..omg...a baseball game other than baseball mogul (which does rock in it's own way).

I guess it's freelance mods though.

Well the original Half Life is being re-skinned from some modders...but I would like to play osme of the old Fallouts or Diablo.

Comment

What do you think CSS and DOD S was?
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Valve gouging us for money?

Actually, there are games that would be cool to play on today's hardware, only problem is, to compete successfully with today's games, I think a lot of them would need some major updates. Just cause we're nostalgic doesn't mean that the current run of kiddies is and I'm not sure some of the games would have the length and ability to satisfy them. At least not without a complete revamp. Guess in some cases it also depends who holds the liscences and whatnot as well.
        [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
        [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
          What do you think CSS and DOD S was?
          Apache
          ooh ooh can i answer that!?
          Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
            by Apache Warrior
            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
          • Reply to 6 years
            by Sirex
            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
            Just hit 2.5K miles...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
            by Sirex
            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
            by Sirex
            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
            by Sirex
            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
          Working...
          X