Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big explosion close to my house.

Fire crews tackle warehouse blaze
    Firefighters have been tackling a major blaze at a warehouse in Stoke-on-Trent.

Smoke from the fire at the Hot Lane Industrial Estate in Burslem was reported to be seen up to six miles (9.6km) away.

Fire officials advised people living in Sneyd Green, Sneyd Hill and Smallthorne to stay inside and close their windows and doors as a precaution.

Nearby roads were also shut off. Fire crews have been tackling the blaze since early on Monday morning.
    Residents were today urged to stay indoors as firefighters tackled a major warehouse blaze at an industrial estate.

Thick black smoke drifted across parts of North Staffordshire from Sneyd Industrial Estate in Burslem as the fire destroyed the Dee Set beauty products premises.

Residents of Sneyd Green, Sneyd Hill and Smallthorne were told to remain inside with doors and windows shut, due to a risk of asbestos fibres being carried into the air from the burning roof.

From outside the building, the sound of aerosols could be heard exploding, with the occasional flash of an exploding cannister firing through the roof.

The fire started at about 7.30am today. All staff were evacuated safely, but by the time fire crews arrived, the building was engulfed by flames.
    I was wondering what caused this when i heard nothing but sirens and was coughing my guts up as i left for work. The air smells horrendous and feels like it burns your throat.

Tornadoes, Explosions................ Juneau, ever think about moving across the pond

Comment

Don't forget about flooding. Anyone trying to send a message to the British Isles this year?

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Wow. It always seems weird to have stuff like this happens close to you. It's always just stuff you see on the news, and never expect to happen so close.

It was pretty bad when there were a lot of forest fires. The night I graduated and went out to eat with family, there was thick smoke all over Moultrie, GA.

Comment

Originally posted by Tails_Kitsune
          Wow. It always seems weird to have stuff like this happens close to you. It's always just stuff you see on the news, and never expect to happen so close.

It was pretty bad when there were a lot of forest fires. The night I graduated and went out to eat with family, there was thick smoke all over Moultrie, GA.
          You know whats weird is when central Cali has forest fires they make really pretty ocean sunsets here on the coast....

Comment

Originally posted by Blackarrow
            Tornadoes, Explosions................ Juneau, ever think about moving across the pond
            yeah we'd love to have you over here

Comment

And i would love to join you all.

Just been outside for my late night smoke. The air still smells and tastes rank.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                by Apache Warrior
                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
              • Reply to 6 years
                by Sirex
                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                by Sirex
                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                by Sirex
                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                by Sirex
                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
              Working...
              X