My Favorite Game That Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Favorite Game That Died

I loved the No One Lives Forever series.

I was so bummed that they didnt continue it.

Anyone else play that?

Havent even heard of it to tell u the truth LOL

Comment

Great series. If you haven't heard of it, search everywhere you can for them. If you have a K-B Toys near you, they often have the sequel No One Lives Forever 2 in stock for cheap. Otherwise try online. They are just awesome fun, and they're funny to boot.

I'd rather see the series stop at 2 (not counting Contract JACK here) then watch it degrade into an abomination when someone else takes over or new leadership gets "bright ideas." Deus Ex: Invisible War was far inferior to the original for example. I hope the third one will be good again.

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

"You do not hit my monkey! Why?! Why are you hitting the monkey?!"

Funny - hysterical.

Comment

Wow, I forgot about this series of games. I played the demo of the first game way back when. I always thought I would pick it up in he $9 bin at Wally-World at some point but never did.

Comment

I've played through both games several times. I posted here once about my favorite game levels and the jet level from the 1st game was right at the top of the list. I even have the GOTY version of one that has the sound track cd. I place them as the 2nd and 3rd best single player FPS games ever, behind the original Deus Ex.

Cate Archer Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
              I'd rather see the series stop at 2 (not counting Contract JACK here) then watch it degrade into an abomination when someone else takes over or new leadership gets "bright ideas." Deus Ex: Invisible War was far inferior to the original for example. I hope the third one will be good again.

-Rand
              Project Snowblind was supposed to be DE3 but for some reason they pulled the connection during production.

The JACK in Contract JACK stood for "Just another contract killer". Just in case that comes up on Jeopardy. Don't forget to say "What is...".

Comment

My favorite game that died: Natural Selection. It died a slow, painful death by its own hands (combat maps leeched off players from the core gameplay till there were too few left to keep a sustainable community).

Never played NOLF, but I've always heard good things. Perhaps I'll pick it up one day on a lark and plow through it

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                  by Apache Warrior
                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                • Reply to 6 years
                  by Sirex
                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                  by Sirex
                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                  by Sirex
                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                  by Sirex
                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                Working...
                X