what is it going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is it going to be?

does anyone know what the next game will be?

My vote is on My little pony Online!!!!

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
    ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I say Hello Kitty the MMORPG!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffro74 View Post
        does anyone know what the next game will be?
        That's anyone's guess, as there is very little on the horizon in the large-scale community server-run PC gaming front. Considering developers are jumping ship on PC gaming like it's infected with HIV, the chances of seeing a new, massive hit game seem to be dwindling (outside of the MMO space or web-based stuff like BF:Heroes).

I fear that this form of gaming (client/server PC game exclusives) might truly be in its twilight years. Years and years of overpriced upgrade cycles and rampant piracy have seen to that.

But hope springs eternal....I'll be clinging to this platform till the last game ships or I take my last breath, whichever comes first

Comment

Its about time they made a game about spam. SpamOnline.
          [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex View Post
            My vote is on My little pony Online!!!!
            MLP pwn's you all

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire View Post
              I fear that this form of gaming (client/server PC game exclusives) might truly be in its twilight years. Years and years of overpriced upgrade cycles and rampant piracy have seen to that.
              Yep. I think the future of PC FPS gaming is going to be just a few small niche servers running the same game for years. I don't think there will be another big one on the scale of Battlefield 2. As well as Call of Duty 4 did on the PC, it was a drop in the bucket compared to its console sales. Developers and publishers took notice.

The future of PC gaming lies in MMOs, RTS games (because no one can figure out a console control scheme that doesn't suck) and The Sims.
              [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
              [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

PC gaming will die when the people who play the games quit playing... So long as people play, the games will be there. They may be a bit more spread out is all. Afterall, what do you think these games are made on in the first place.
                [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko View Post
                  PC gaming will die when the people who play the games quit playing... So long as people play, the games will be there. They may be a bit more spread out is all. Afterall, what do you think these games are made on in the first place.
                  All the people I take seriously as gamers hate consoles. They love the mouse and keyboard. I prefer the mouse and keyboard for FPS games, but the joystick/controller doesnt bother me or affect me really.
                  And imagine if they release StarCraft II for PC/Mac and consoles? It will do so bad on the consoles compared to the computer versions.
                  Or Diablo III, which is supposedly in the works? That is NOT going to be for console. and if it is, Yevon help us.(3 cookies to anyone who can name what game this is from, not the help us part, but Yevon)
                  Though, those arent games that require a private server to be run. I guess thinks do looks kind of bleak. These are scary times we live in.

Comment

yevon is that not from FF X.

where they changed the GFs to Aeons and had the brilliant blitzball cutscenes.

Comment

PC Gaming will never die in our lifetimes, as for starters most consoles are really computers. All the games are developed on PC platforms, and if I'm not mistaken the code for 360, is almost 100% portable to Vista and DX10 at least this was my understanding. Making it stupid for a developer to release a game for just 360 when for not much more cost could also release it to PC.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X