(New)Left 4 Dead Gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(New)Left 4 Dead Gameplay

for everyone who awaiting for game. here a few gameplay footage. enjoy.

Gametrailers.com - Left 4 Dead - Meat Grinder Gameplay HD

Gametrailers.com - Left 4 Dead - Teamwork Gameplay HD

it is to be release in November but i cant wait that long..

meanwhile im playin Zombie Survival in gmod.
    Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

I want this game so bad, but the constant delays have really worn on me (more than most delayed games it seems). First it was fall last year, then winter, then spring this year, then fall, now Winter 08.

I swear, if they didn't at least create a couple more maps in the massive amount of time they've had to polish this game, I honestly don't know if I'll drop the cash on it.

If I would have had my way, I'd rather they just create more scenarios (like 8-10) than spend all this extra time ironing out the zombie player side of things. Everyone just wants to play the survivor side coop anyway...I mean this game is practically any zombie fan's wet dream in terms of survival gameplay, I really hope they don't screw it up

Really, how many players see this game and go, "Man, I can't wait to play a slow zombie in this game so I can belch on other players and explode!"

Edit: UPDATE

Video Interview and More Previews - L4D News

There's two modes in the game. One is sort of the Survivor campaign which is where one to four players can play as the human Survivors who are immune to the virus that has broken out and turned everyone into zombies. That'll go through four sprawling campaigns - you can start a campaign with three bots playing as the other human slots and other players can join in at any point in the campaign. Meanwhile, on the other side, we have what we're calling a deathmatch mode where one to four players can take over the human Survivors role and one to four players can take over the boss Infected roles. What's interesting about that is in most deathmatch games the two sides are identical. They're in different colored clothing, but they basically have the same firearms and items available to them. In Left 4 Dead's deathmatch mode, the boss Infected have no weapons whatsoever. All they have is their super mutant abilities, so the Smoker has his 50 foot tongue that he can grab and lasso people with, the Boomer has his big belly full of gas that he can act as a big grenade and come at you and if you shoot him he'll blow you up as well as himself. What's interesting about that is that class, the boss Infected, are sort of like a griefer's paradise. If you play Counter-Strike or any other action multiplayer game there's a lot of servers where people are just trying to be disruptive and doing something counter to the base objective. In Left 4 Dead, we've sort of built the game mode for them in playing as the boss Infected.
    I actually like the sound of that better. Keep the Boss infected, by separate them from the default "campaign" mode. Now I wonder if they made the bosses fun to play?
    Last edited by CarbonFire; 16 May 2008, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I hope there will be a zombie "classic" mode for MP where 1-4 people start out as infected and have turn the rest of the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Shazbot View Post
        I hope there will be a zombie "classic" mode for MP where 1-4 people start out as infected and have turn the rest of the players.
        You're gonna want to look here for that:
        Zombie Panic - A Half-Life 1 & 2 Modification

So far the word is two modes in L4D, and neither are the "classic" gameplay you describe.

Campaign mode, which is basically 4 player co-op vs the advanced AI director. This takes place across 5 strung together maps, which combined equal one campaign. 4 campaigns total (that we know of now).

Vs mode, which is 4 humans vs 4 zombie bosses plus a supposedly adjustable number of AI controlled zombies. Takes place only over 1 map (1/5 of a campaign). No word yet from what I've seen on what the objectives will be in this mode, whether it's single-elimination, timed, or the standard escape.

Comment

Originally posted by Shazbot View Post
          Originally posted by CarbonFire View Post
          You're gonna want to look here for that:
          Zombie Panic - A Half-Life 1 & 2 Modification
          you can also look around here at the dev site. not much info there tho.
          Zombie Survival - Gmod

also check this short utube video on it. this is a old clip,but the game itself been update with better looking guid and others stuff.

YouTube - Zombie Survival on Gmod - The Epic Final Battle!

The game is just awsome, you start off as a human with a pea shooter gun, for every couple zombies you kill, you get a better weapon and so on. If you die however, you get to join the zombies side and hunt the very people you were just protecting.

this mod keeping my hopes up tills L4D comes out.

btw: i played ZP:Source before but its not that fun.
          Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Yep! Me and majormassacre talked about getting this game. It is supposed to be good or at least I hope it will be.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X