Halo 3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo 3...

Yeah, I finally played the game. I like the fact the alien is one player and the chief guy is the other player.

I am very disappionted that the game is basically the same thing! For crying out loud the Brutes wear the Elite armor!! The lil grunts are still stupid an annoying, and the split screen maps are the same as halo 1 and 2 combined!

Very big let down, and I'm surprised it took them so long to make the game when they just added the first 2 together with a bit of a new storyline.

They tried improving graphics, by adding lighting. My gun is a bit more shiny and my piece of crap warthog glows like an angel, big deal.

It shouldn't have cost 60 bucks and a new system to play, it should be 10 dollars because it's a new storyline with a few guns that have new "skins" (aka looks and designs) that are the same as others.

Only thing I liked from the 3 hours of playing was that hammer. I launched tayeke about 500 feet to his death

Other then that, I'm not even going to buy this game when it comes out for PC (btw halo 2 finally came out for pc)

Well I'm in 2 mind's about buying Halo 3.

Comment

There are better games out there and more to come.

So I'm saving my money and skip this full priced add-on.
      Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out why this game is so wonderful? I mean, I thought sequels sucked when they got to 3 and above. (as well as movies).

Also, it's just a typical FPS. And it's not very orginal.

Comment

Halo 3, the single player campaign, is average at best. That much can be agreed upon by reasonable people. Playing Co-op, or MP online though, and the game opens up and adds a lot of fun to a solid game.

Why do people like Halo? Well, its more approachable then most FPS games out there, it does vehicles better than most games, and the weapons feel like they work properly. Throw in about 20 different modes of play in multiplayer, a large player base and the ability to make custom game types in forge, and you've got a very well rounded game.

I'll agree, not the most graphically stunning game ever. Looks better on a big 50" Plasma than on my 19" LCD, but this game isn't going to win any beauty contests. But that's not really its function. Its there to basically be THE multiplayer experience for the X360, which it does well (last I saw over 1,501,274 people were playing online yesterday )

If you're looking at Halo 3 just wanting a solid singe-player experience, without ever playing online or doing Co-op, then yeah, its probably not the best choice. Bioshock serves better in that function, as probably will Mass Effect and GTA IV. But if you want multiplayer action with a lot of options thats easy to pick up and play, Halo 3 really is a good choice.

Comment

Ill stick to halo 2 for that.

Comment

my football friend and i went to gamestop 4 hours before it was released bypassed the huge line and walked out with the game with an employee discount from the guy behind the counter. we played it on the bigscreen in our dorm 3 1/2 hours before anyone else could get it

Comment

those stats are crazy almost 1.5 million people in the last 24 hours! Thats a insane amount of gamers to be playing a fps at once. While halo 3 might not be the best looking game in the world. It sure has a lot of people who are enjoying its online features.
                Almost 400,000 people online now these numbers sound more like a wow server than a fps game.

Comment

Halo 3 is pretty much the WoW of FPS games. It is extremely popular, mainly due to how the companies are marketing the game. They are both built on popular franchises, and the companies are just great at taking a good game and turning it into a monster and getting people to play.

When you do break it down though, the game does not deserve the ratings it is getting. And those ratings feed into the Halo frenzy. I wonder how fair those ratings really are? Alot of us have been around the gaming block and have a good understanding of what makes a game good, keeping it more objective and less subjective (most of us can do this, not all).

I'm not sure many people here would rate this game 100/100.
                  [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                  So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky
                    Halo 3 is pretty much the WoW of FPS games. It is extremely popular, mainly due to how the companies are marketing the game. They are both built on popular franchises, and the companies are just great at taking a good game and turning it into a monster and getting people to play.

When you do break it down though, the game does not deserve the ratings it is getting. And those ratings feed into the Halo frenzy. I wonder how fair those ratings really are? Alot of us have been around the gaming block and have a good understanding of what makes a game good, keeping it more objective and less subjective (most of us can do this, not all).

I'm not sure many people here would rate this game 100/100.
                    Perfect rankings are ridiculous, in over 20 years of gaming I've never played a game that deserved one, and Halo 3 is no exception.

I would give it 65/100. The singleplayer is okay, but nothing new. The coop is a lot of fun, and the multiplayer is easily accessible and can be fun...but prepare to be pwned by people that have been playing nothing but Halo since the first one. The mute player function was the first thing I learned how to do in multiplayer, although to be fair, I've only run into one complete idiot so far (others muted were just annoying kids that talked too much). Prime time is the best time to play since you have a much better chance of the ranking system finding similarly skilled players. I will never put enough console FPS time in to get really good with a two stick aiming system, but that's okay...I don't take console shooters seriously enough to worry about my score.

I like it well enough that I don't regret buying it, but Call of Duty 4's multiplayer beta was a lot more fun for me. I can't wait to see the full game.
                    [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
                    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

I'm not a fan of halo, never have been and never will be.

Freind of mine played Halo 3 and to quote him

ok didnt mean to do that
                      completed halo 3
                      lol
                      really @#%$#?$% ending
                      He did not like how it ended, and to be honest, he told me and i'm not going to spoil it for people but i just think its... well when he was talking about the ending i knew what was coming with out even knowing what happened in the end lmao

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                      ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by Thrashdragon

Perfect rankings are ridiculous, in over 20 years of gaming I've never played a game that deserved one, and Halo 3 is no exception.

I would give it 65/10.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisElfRocksHard
                          Originally posted by Thrashdragon

I would give it 65/10.
                          I don't know what you're talking about.

<Disclaimer - No posts in this thread have been edited. Well, maybe a little bit.>
                          [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
                          [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

well i think its more the rating system sucks. i mean if a game 5 years ago got rated a 95% you would think todays games should be rated higher. But using the same scale it looks like games released 2 years ago are equal to the best games today.

I rank games on what the game is suppose to be and what it delivers from start to finish. Is bioshock perfect? No... but is it one of the best sp games ever made? Its probably up there with it as far as fps`ers go.
                            The game from the min i started it until the min i finished it kept me wanting more and kept me glued to it. It was fun as a game and as compelling as a movie. So in that view to me it was pretty much perfect. So rating it on what its suppose to be (a great fps sp game) i think it delivers (if not) close to perfect game. Had it had mp would that made it perfect? probably not since very few great sp games ever become great mp games as well.

devs code 1 way or the other. Like halo is a mp game first a sp game second. Quake 4 is a example of a sp game first with mp thrown in and it made it suck worse. Fear is another game that was great sp but crap mp.
                            So i think perfect ratings or close to perfect reflect on how that game stacks up to previous versions of simulair games.
                            so take bioshock, fear and quake 4 and yes bioshock is about as perfect as it gets.

Also i think ratings reflect what a game brings to the table vs other games released. I mean when quake 3 came out it was great. But will quake 3 be worthy to compare to ut3? No! So when you try to compare the 2 im sure ut3 will be close if not perfect.

I dont think people should take reviews as the word of god. Its opinions and like knoses everyone has one. I think respectable sites like gamespot are very fair in their reviews and can give you a good idea how good a game is or isnt. But if its rated aboved 90 you can bet thats a must play game not matter if it was rated perfect or not.

Comment

If you beat it on legendary (my guess) it shows the full ending. Most people think it ends with XXX getting XXX by XXXing XXX.

Don't worry those are cuss words, just nouns, verbs, and I think one pronoun.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X