Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flu season :(

I'm catching the flu already, damn that sucks

I can barely lift my head and I have the taste of "Blah" in my mouth constantly. Oh this is so awesome!

Dang...

Hope you get to feeling better real soon, Deadly.

Comment

My condolences Deadly.... Good luck!!

Comment

Homemade chicken soup...

Comment

I have been sick since Thursday. I started getting worse so yesterday morning I went to the Doctor. It is a good thing I went too. It was close to becoming pneumonia.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
            I have been sick since Thursday. I started getting worse so yesterday morning I went to the Doctor. It is a good thing I went too. It was close to becoming pneumonia.
            Apache
            You older folks need to watch out for that.

Get well soon.

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
              Originally posted by Apache Warrior
              Apache
              You older folks need to watch out for that.

Get well soon.

-Rand
              Oh snap!

Get better, get a flu shot if possible. My company offers them for free, so i grab one every year.
              Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Hope you two start getting better.

The flu seems to be coming early this year, no?

Comment

Im finally got over it. Took me 3 weeks.
                  if you got to the doc. demand a strong anti biotic. The symptoms start like a sinus infection but get worse fast.

Comment

at least u can have the family wait on u hand, and foot! and u can tell them to go away and they cant get mad. YAY! get better man, hope u get better soon!
                    [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Originally posted by Premonition
                      if you got to the doc. demand a strong anti biotic. The symptoms start like a sinus infection but get worse fast.
                      THE SAME HERE! took me 3 weeks to get rid of it. I was feeling miserable... Only antibiotic could help.

My company also gives free shots, but sometimes I get the flu right away after the shot, so I am unsure if I should do it again.

I hope you feel better soon, and go to the doctor if you have fever!
                      K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                      sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Premonition
                        From a medical standpoint im going to disagree with getting an antibiotic. They will NOT work on the flu virus. Antibiotics only work on bacteria.

Now if you have a Secondary infection like a sinus infection, they will work on that but the only way to get rid of the Flu itself is Time.

/IANAD
                        Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

The problem is this seems to be some wierd thing thats not considered the "flu". My family had it, my best friends family had it, my cousin had it. A few of them landed in the emergency room because they underestimated it and it got worse. bronchitis and ammonia (spelling) where involved with pretty much every case.

Its starts off mild and you think it could just be a sinus infection. Docs love this stuff as they give you the line of crap like "if it gets worse come back". Then you get stuck paying for 2 visits + meds.

I love my doc. i just call him and say look im sick i need this and the write the prescription But out of the people i knew who had this mess i had it contained since i was taking anti botics from the start. But im lucky i can actually get refills on a-b`s

Funny when i went to drop off my prescription, there was a guy talking to the pharmacist that said his wife was sick with the same exact symptoms and it was getting worse. They said "sinus infection" and told him some 30 dollar over the counter mucus break up stuff would fix it.

while ab`s wont fight the flu it can fight off the other stuff that can make you really sick.

Comment

"Cure the symptoms, and people dont care whether the disease is cured."- Michael Chrichton in (I think) Andromeda Strain
                            Anyway, Ive only ever had a small cold from time to time... lucky me! Sucks to have the flu though... at least from a 3rd person standpoint.

Oh, and Premonition, if you can convince your doc to prescibe some Vicadin... that might help with the flu too.
                            "Do you want to stop the sniffles? Or do you want to stop feeling your head? ... Say hello to my little friend." -Jeff Foxworthy's mother in law (Blue Collar Comedy tour)

Comment

vicidin is like tylon to me.... its rather useless but he would give me that if i asked for it. When i get pain medicine i get perpacet (oxycodone). But i have more severe pains than the average person. Not to mention i took it for so long its effects is min. to me.

Btw it does help with flu symptoms as its drys you up which prevents the drainage that goes into the lungs and turns into broncitis.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X