Respawn Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respawn Times

Anyone else think the instant respawn is a little annoying?

In the time that I was playing this afternoon, the offensive team didn't win a single round. I think that the instant respawn gives the defensive team too much of an advantage because they don't have to walk too far. Several people in the server were complaining.. I know that Naillik mentioned something about it.

Would it be possible to change it to 5-6 seconds?
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
    - Dom Helder Camara

I posted that I thought 5 seconds was the best fair time for both teams. Its something where we toy with it and make it the fairest for all involved. Hang in there and lets see what Cain can do to help us out.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

It is currently 6 seconds, I'll change it to 8 seconds, default is 10 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
        It is currently 6 seconds, I'll change it to 8 seconds, default is 10 seconds.
        Really?
        It feels like instant..

Does the "You've been killed by" part count as part of the countdown?
        I think that it shows you the screenshot of your killer, and then you immediately respawn.
        "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
        - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

HHG, do yourself a favor and don't die so often .. I think thats most of your problem.

Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

i kinda use to the normal respawn thing. the insta respawn can be bad on defensive maps (like dustbowl and goldrush) as blu has the disadvantage to push up.
            Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

hmm the the respawn still its instant, i dont see any counting when i die i just respawn right back up. maybe setting it up to 10sec. it could be a bother for the attacking team when playing defensive map as i wrote above. as it could tend to piss people off in those maps. look into this please.
              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

I set it to 8 secs, it was 6 secs, and the default is 10 secs...

Let's try that today.....

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
                  HHG, do yourself a favor and don't die so often .. I think thats most of your problem.

LOL..

It isn't me dying that is the problem, more like my VICTIMS!!
                  - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Originally posted by H0ly-H@nd-Gr3nade View Post
                    Really?
                    It feels like instant..

Does the "You've been killed by" part count as part of the countdown?
                    I think that it shows you the screenshot of your killer, and then you immediately respawn.
                    Yes it does count towards that timer. So 3-4 seconds of "killed by" and then just a second or two and you're back. A lot of people don't EVER want to wait to spawn, but you've got to strike a balance somewhere.

Comment

faster spawn, more action. I love it!!!

Comment

I'll try 10 secs in the morning, it is 8 tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by carbonfire View Post
                          but You've Got To Strike A Balance Somewhere.
                          +111111111111111111111
                          [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

OK, it is 10 now ..

Comment

Ok, i didn't find it a problem when i was playing. But that doesn't matter, as long as you guys are comfortable, i think i will be too

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X