The super tactics thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The super tactics thread!

Post your hiding spots, sniper perches, and your special ways to kill people here!

I wanna know so I can stab ya

lol A FELLOW SPY which team do you hail from? (or neither like me lol)

I've got a spot on the second dustbowl spot whilst defending, just outside the spawn stand next to the control point. there are some boxes in the alleyway that have a gap, i have sniped soooo many people there and it's completely safe.

Comment

My little fort in Gold Rush, I think you saw it 100% sapper/stab proof.
      Last edited by killa_zn; 23 Jun 2008, 06:39 AM. Reason: more content.

Comment

best spot on gold rush first stage for recharging cloak, run straight through the little vallet while cloaked to the black mine entrance, disguise as sniper, and recharge. I've stayed alive for an entire round there.
        From there you can safely scan positions for enemy sentries/engineer bases, and stand right next to a popular sniper perch from which you can knife every sniper while still safe, and it looks like they got sniped perfectly safely. Once you have your cloak full again, quickly disguise as an assault class like a pyro demo or heavy, and run and sap all the sentries on your right, cloak, run back to the cave, disguise as sniper and repeat with other sentries... its amazing how well it works... but if you change disguises from sniper, rush out FAST... a pyro has no place hiding in a cave

For demoman (and engineers, although im not sure how) on gravelpit, sticky jump onto the roof of B and bombs away. Yesterday we had 3 engineers up there with sentries and teleporters, and i don't know how

Comment

Heh. Lets see... the demoman...

For any map. Use your bouncy bombs around corner to clear them first, you've got enough ammo to do this, so why not? Also, you can use your sticky bombs as air grenades against scouts. Detonate them midair and even scouts have a hard time getting around them because they throw out damage in all directions. You can also put them up behind beams, and wait for the enemy to go under them... then boom! Same works for tight corners. Put a few up against one side of a corner, and lead the enemy that way.. then boom!
          [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I don't consider myself some "super Engineer" by any standard, but some do not take full advantage of the class' equipment. Some stuff I find crucial to Engineer:

-- Teleports, please. 2 engineers in a team of 16 can keep your team mates on the front line, not en route to it. Defensively, it can keep your friendlies at the furthest constestable point, making the other team's job much more difficult. Because sentries can have obvious weaknesses (Demo's stickies make quick work of sentries, as do Ubers) it is always better to have support from your team plus your sentry....and not just your sentry.

-- Think about Dispenser location. Yes, there are times when you may need a dispenser only a few feet from your sentry, especially if you plan on taking a lot of enemy fire. However, there are some situations (ex: having a sentry near an ammo pick-up location) where you may not need a Dispenser to be so close. Having a location where your friendlies can grab ammo and heal can be more effective than you simply stocking up on metal, especially if your sentry is not under much fire.

-- Use your shotgun. I've seen Spies sap sentries/dispensers/teleports and the Engineer not fight back. The wrench and shotgun are both valuable close-range weapons and can take a Spy down quickly. Don't be afraid to take the fight to a Demoman or Spy that is endangering your "base." Your pistol isn't to be over-looked either; with 200 ammo in reserve, you can often use it to help nearby friendlies who are engaging enemies at ranges that make your shotgun useless.

This looks a little long now that I've posted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tails_Kitsune View Post
              -- Use your shotgun. I've seen Spies sap sentries/dispensers/teleports and the Engineer not fight back. The wrench and shotgun are both valuable close-range weapons and can take a Spy down quickly. Don't be afraid to take the fight to a Demoman or Spy that is endangering your "base." Your pistol isn't to be over-looked either; with 200 ammo in reserve, you can often use it to help nearby friendlies who are engaging enemies at ranges that make your shotgun useless.
              Keep in mind that the engineer's shotgun (I think) is a bit more accurate then other shotguns. And with all of that ammo there's no point to not fire away at the enemies.

Also, try to place your sentries so that they are at least partially protected by a wall or something of the sort. Or place them where people will least expect them to be.

Oh, also... Lets post up some pictures of good places to be for certain classes.
              [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

- Medics need to deploy ubers when their teammate is dropping on health, not before unless there happens to be a nasty patch of stickies in your path.

- Medics should only uber heavies, really good soldiers, pyros (i guess they're more useful now), and really good demomen. No scouts, no spies, no engineers, no other medics, and no snipers, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

-Medics, always charge out in front of the person you are ubering to draw sentry fire away from them. This lets the sheer power of a heavy minigun concentrate on sentries and other defenses.

-Heavies, the shotgun is for use only when chasing a particularly tough opponent, like a soldier that knows to take you on at long range. Otherwise, the minigun is your weapon of choice and nothing can take it for long. Be wary of scouts, and try to lead them with the minigun otherwise they wont take enough damage while they keep pumping rounds into you.

- Medics, the kritzkrieg is applicable for soldiers, good demomen, and a heavy you will be using as a surprise attack. Otherwise, stick to medigun.

- Snipers, take out the medics first. Then weaken the rest of their team. That goes for spies too. You never know when they'll hit an uber.

- Demomen, stickies can be used as offensive weapons as well. Fire them at your enemy and repeatedly detonate them so they bounce back and forth. this makes it hard to hit you. Also, stickies are the only thing besides the pyro's newfound airblast that can ruin an uber attack. Seperate the medic.

- Medics, if you are about to die, for heaven's sake hit the uber. It saves your life to fight another day and an uber is a useful intimidation weapon. the enemy will often run back and regroup.

-Engineers, if your team is on the offensive, provide teles and move your gear up at every chance. Nothing stops a counteroffensive like a sentry watching over your staging area. But please, only 2 engies max for a team on the offensive.

- Spies, either sap their sentries during your teams push or get out of the way! It does next to no good if you sap them while their team is completely grouped up with the sentries because they will rape you and the sentry won't die while the engineer isnt preoccupied with an ubered heavy.

Comment

Sorry for the language content.

Comment

As a Pyro, use your air blast to effectively remove stickies from any spot; wall, ceiling, doors .. the Demoman is all but crippled by a very good Pyro, as they have NO WEAPON that can't be blown back at them by an air blast.
                    I've seen guys who were very good Demos getting savaged by good Pyros, so expect this to even out with the Demo patch, as the det pack will make its return to help out the Demo guys.
                    The air blast is a very powerful tool when used in the right environment. How often do offensive pushes get ground to a halt on Goldrush due to massed stickies ?? You now know how to remove them and cause some damage to the Demo that triggers them to go off right as they fly back at him.
                    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X